LOOKING for an old BOARD game from the early 70s

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I am over 40 and JUST remember a board game I had as a kid in the early 70s, it was somewhat like stratego and battleship but it had kings and knights. The pieces fit into holes on a plastic board and you had 'catapults' which were just little bellows that would blow air thru tubes in the bottom of the board and cause some pieces to pop off. Wish I remembered the name of that one....

InflatableBuddha

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2007
I'm too young to know about anything from the 70s, but give this site a try. You can probably find out the name if you can remember anything else about it - genre, publisher, etc. Good luck!

Linky

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Found it! Its called Battleboard! Wow, such fun times!

For those interested THISis a pic of the game.

xochi

Jan 18, 2000
I remember a few board games that my brothers and sisters had that i haven't seen since.

I thought this one was cool.

Green Ghost

I learned to appreciate art with this one.

Masterpiece

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: xochi
I remember a few board games that my brothers and sisters had that i haven't seen since.

I thought this one was cool.

Green Ghost

I learned to appreciate art with this one.

Masterpiece

I remember those as well. Had green ghost myself. Man, pre-videogame era was the best!

Vetterin

Aug 31, 2004
In the early 70's I came home from the war and played with my Magnavox Odyssey. Now THAT was hi-tech!!!!

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Some of the best board games I inherited from brother. Clue was an all time favorite. Super Mastermind was pretty good to but only for two people. Used to play Trouble a lot and of course Monopoly.