Looking for a Video

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
It was an hour long lecture about the creation of Earth, and dinosaurs and man lived on earth at the same time. We called them Dragons. Talks about carbon dating was created by the devil. On google video.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Citrix
not a scientist but a pastor. i forgot his name.

If it's the guy I think you're talking about then I don't think he was "crazy", in fact he made some very good arguments. Not enough to sway me though.

userman

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage

If it's the guy I think you're talking about then I don't think he was "crazy", in fact he made some very good arguments. Not enough to sway me though.

Its kent hovind. He does have a good argument.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
I don't think Scientists and Creationism should be in the same sentence together.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: userman
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage

Yes i agree. with both statements.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: azazyel
I don't think Scientists and Creationism should be in the same sentence together.

why?

he has a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution. so go for it, prove him wrong.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000

But you just put them in the same sentence.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

why?

he has a standing offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence (scientific proof) for evolution. so go for it, prove him wrong.
Educate yourself.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hovind.html

Yes i agree. with both statements.
Which argument of Hovind's do you think is "good"?

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001

why?

Heh, he crafted the challenge so that it can't be met, unless humans develop a lifespan of thousands upon thousands of years. You can see a species make minor adaptations, but no human is going to watch an ape turn into a human-like creature. You'd need a time-lapse camera capable of sitting around taking pictures for a million years.

I'll also put forth a challenge - someone needs to prove to me that electrons exist, and that it's not magical energy juice flowing through tiny flat pipes called "printed circuits." And outlets of course have holes in them. Why? To provide conduits for this juice to flow.

In order to prove to me that electrons exist, I need to see them, individually with my own eyes. I also need to be able to feel a single electron.

If these conditions aren't met, I'll be forced to conclude that electrons don't exist.

He is in jail. Did not pay his taxes.
No one was able to prove to him that taxes exist, so he doesn't believe in them. He considers the whole tax institution to be a religion. :laugh:

userman

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeff7

why?

Heh, he crafted the challenge so that it can't be met, unless humans develop a lifespan of thousands upon thousands of years. You can see a species make minor adaptations, but no human is going to watch an ape turn into a human-like creature. You'd need a time-lapse camera capable of sitting around taking pictures for a million years.

I'll also put forth a challenge - someone needs to prove to me that electrons exist, and that it's not magical energy juice flowing through tiny flat pipes called "printed circuits." And outlets of course have holes in them. Why? To provide conduits for this juice to flow.

In order to prove to me that electrons exist, I need to see them, individually with my own eyes. I also need to be able to feel a single electron.

If these conditions aren't met, I'll be forced to conclude that electrons don't exist.

He is in jail. Did not pay his taxes.
No one was able to prove to him that taxes exist, so he doesn't believe in them. He considers the whole tax institution to be a religion. :laugh:

Anyway you look at it hes got 9/10 years to sit and think about it. Also his wife got jail time to.