Looking for a slight upgrade to my Logitech Z323. Suggestions?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I am currently using a Z390 Arous PRO with Creative X3 which I really love the 2 weeks I had it, better than the SB Z I had for 1 year and its external which is a big plus for me. I also use the Logitech Z323. I had these for 5 years and I really like them a lot! they sound great in my room and are not very loud and 35-40% Volume Knob but when you watch movies or listen to music with the X3 it sounds amazing! But I am wondering if there is something that is slightly better than the Z323? I know Klipch Pro Media 2.1 is really good I've eyed it for 4 years now but its way too loud for my room, that's why I love the Z323 they are the perfect balance. I know Corsair has some 2.1 speakers with lower wattage than their premium model but it seems like a step down to what I have honestly. So I am wondering if any set of Monitoring Speakers would give me an upgrade to the Z323? My Budget is around $130. Not looking for louder! just maybe crisper, cleaner, clearer and more detail with bass of course!

Thank you much!

171930155_10159450065491979_4451126964738804941_n.jpg

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater DTT2500

Kinda on the older side of things, but it does true Dolby 5.1. Digital in, analog in, I use the head part, and some good yamaha speakers to the front and rear, and a Onkyo Sub, but in any rate with just the head unit, can buy that, speakers for it from goodwill, and a half decent sub (powered), and will smoke them logi's all night long :D

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater DTT2500

Kinda on the older side of things, but it does true Dolby 5.1. Digital in, analog in, I use the head part, and some good yamaha speakers to the front and rear, and a Onkyo Sub, but in any rate with just the head unit, can buy that, speakers for it from goodwill, and a half decent sub (powered), and will smoke them logi's all night long :D
No sorry that's too many speakers but thanks. I just need 2 or 2.1 at most.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I am currently using a Z390 Arous PRO with Creative X3 which I really love the 2 weeks I had it, better than the SB Z I had for 1 year and its external which is a big plus for me. I also use the Logitech Z323. I had these for 5 years and I really like them a lot! they sound great in my room and are not very loud and 35-40% Volume Knob but when you watch movies or listen to music with the X3 it sounds amazing! But I am wondering if there is something that is slightly better than the Z323?
With optical input:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-z625-2-1-speaker-system-3-piece/6244602.p?skuId=6244602

Without optical input:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-z623-2-1-speaker-system-3-piece-black/1231979.p?skuId=1231979

Those are about as good as it gets with "computer speakers in a box". Comparable to the Klipsch but has a power on/off switch (which the Klipsch still doesn't have 20+ years later).

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Reactions: UsandThem

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
You do not have to run "all" of the speakers, and the box itself is smaller then the sub box on ur desk. It has a dedicated stereo, analog in, in the back of it. But this way with it you have a good pick and choose of REAL bookshelf speakers, and sub, not some crap in a box ;)

That unit is about close enough to using a big ass HT amp like I do for my pc, but itty bitty living space. Can be super loud, or super quiet, depending on how much you twist the knob :O

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
s-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgs-l1600.jpg
See, its small, can hook up ur own to it, do not really "need" the small ones that come with it, and a dedicated sub output, to hook a real sub in a tiny little space, and around what you want to spend for a complete one on ebay.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
See, its small, can hook up ur own to it, do not really "need" the small ones that come with it, and a dedicated sub output, to hook a real sub in a tiny little space, and around what you want to spend for a complete one on ebay.
Yeah not my style I am sorry. But thank you for the suggestion.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I used to have the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system and I was impressed for the package, and now at Costco it's only like $79.99. Would be an upgrade from your setup.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I used to have the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system and I was impressed for the package, and now at Costco it's only like $79.99. Would be an upgrade from your setup.
I know but I listen to pretty low volume levels. Louder is pretty uncomfortable to me. Like my room is next to the garage and when I have the normal volume on you can hear the wall Boom from the garage lol and I can't really have anything louder than that.

Do you think I could use those at a very low volume speaker level? because these I have now the problem is if you go past 25% down you really can't hear anything and louder is not an option for me.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I know but I listen to pretty low volume levels. Louder is pretty uncomfortable to me. Like my room is next to the garage and when I have the normal volume on you can hear the wall Boom from the garage lol and I can't really have anything louder than that.

Do you think I could use those at a very low volume speaker level? because these I have now the problem is if you go past 25% down you really can't hear anything and louder is not an option for me.

First time I got these was years ago, and for my dad. He definitely was listening to stuff at moderate volumes and they sounded good from memory but that was quite a long time ago. I remember I bought a set after hearing them with his music - mostly classical - and enjoyed them. Go to the AVSforums and post there. It's far more active and it's all about audio and visual gear. Or if you are a Costco member, their return policy is good so just try them out.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
First time I got these was years ago, and for my dad. He definitely was listening to stuff at moderate volumes and they sounded good from memory but that was quite a long time ago. I remember I bought a set after hearing them with his music - mostly classical - and enjoyed them. Go to the AVSforums and post there. It's far more active and it's all about audio and visual gear. Or if you are a Costco member, their return policy is good so just try them out.
Good point I am probably gonna do that honestly! Give them a test run. Problem there is no Costco where I live so I am going to wait for the next online.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
That would be good provided they have fixed their sub blowing problem. I know before I bought the Z5500, I had a 2.1 and then a 5.1, and then said screw this and bought a Logitech Z5500 set and was blown away. Sounded better imo, and pushed them harder then the Klipsch. I also did some researching on the Klipsch set, and there are THOUSANDS of people just like me had it become bricks. ALSO, if you going to buy them new, I actually saw them at my walmart, for I remember seeing them, and asking myself, I wonder if they fixed the problem by now? :p But they were there, at walmart of all places.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
That would be good provided they have fixed their sub blowing problem. I know before I bought the Z5500, I had a 2.1 and then a 5.1, and then said screw this and bought a Logitech Z5500 set and was blown away. Sounded better imo, and pushed them harder then the Klipsch. I also did some researching on the Klipsch set, and there are THOUSANDS of people just like me had it become bricks. ALSO, if you going to buy them new, I actually saw them at my walmart, for I remember seeing them, and asking myself, I wonder if they fixed the problem by now? :p But they were there, at walmart of all places.
From what I saw when I last considered them before buying my Logitech Z623 set in 2016, the whole fuse/amplifier thing was still a concern from various user comments.

The Logitech set is really well built, and the bass heaviness sound of it can easily be tamed with a little EQ changes in the sound card app.