Looking for a program for a small business, to take oders with and store them.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
My family friend is looking to transfer his Flower Business over to an old computer system he has. When his customers come in, he want to be able to quickly put their info (name, address, type of order, price, type of payment, etc) into the application, and have the ability to print the information out as a reciept. I really have no idea what programs are out there, maybe quickbooks?. It needs to also be able to run on a Cyrix 300mhz system with just 64mb of ram..... :Q

So, anyone got any suggestions besides MS word or excel? :D

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
quickbooks is good.

MS access is ok, but someone would have to spend some time to build the database.

jcwagers

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2000
I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck or anything but you might wanna check how you spelled the word "orders" in the title. I knew exactly what you meant but it will save you some heckling. Of course, if it doesn't bother you, I'm cool with it too. :)

jc

*edit* I apologize for interrupting your thread since I didn't have anything pertinent to add. Sorry!

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
peachtree. go to the hot deals forum and grab one. It's not necessarily the best but it's good enough.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
quickbooks is good.

MS access is ok, but someone would have to spend some time to build the database.

Access has samples to start working from immediately.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Cool :p And no, I really don't care about the spelling - if I did, I would have "Right Clicked" and used IE-spell. It's a simple typo :)

I ended up getting a copy of quickbooks 2001 and it seems to be the perfect program for the job :) Thanks!