Looking for a portable AIO tuner with full linux support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjohnny

Oct 15, 2011
www.novatekelectric.com
Hi. First thanks for clicking and helping out.

Here's what im trying to find.

Basically im looking for a portable tuner capable of tuning multiple radio and tv bands. So both DVB-T and ATSC as well as FM and HD Radio and Digital DVB Radio. It needs to have full linux support and it needs to work with my laptop (Dell latitude E series)

For your info, My laptop has 2 mini-pcie slots, one express card 54 slot, one pcmcia I/II/III slot, one daighter card slot, and 3 usb 2.0 ports.

If not such a animal exists, what is the absolute closest thing can i get to it?

Please note that i would prefer if the drivers where completely open source.

I have been searching the linuxTv and mythTV wiki's however suffering from info overload.

Any info would be helpful

thanks! :thumbsup:
john

justjohnny

Oct 15, 2011
www.novatekelectric.com
Crono, Thanks for the reply.

Yea i did come across that card in my search but as expected linux drivers are not even none existent for that stick but ATI has also been quoted as saying that stick will never be supported in linux.

In any event I did come across a company that does make exactly what i need (and in mini-pci e to boot) and it full works in linux.

However there are two obstacles. 1- the drivers are not fully open 2- they only sell to industry

So its back to the drawing board i guess.

The absolute closest thing i could find is a dual DVB-T/Radio analog card but it doesn't even have ATSC so it would be virtually useless for daily use.

....Frustrated is not even the word.

Anyways ill keep searching and post back my findings.

Thanks again
john

Status
Not open for further replies.