Looking for a New Racing Game

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I've been into racing games lately.

So far, really into:
Project CARS
Dirt Rally

Assetto Corsa is alright, but it just isn't as fun as Project CARS. Ugly environment and you feel a bit more disconnected from the vehicle. It's more of a technical experience, without the "speed" and feel of excitement you get from Project CARS.

I have Grid and Grid 2, but they are too arcade in the handling department.

Shift 2: Unleashed has an awesome selection of vehicles and tracks, and I love the customization, but the handling just plain sucks, even with mods. It would be stellar if that was fixed.

The various Dirts - - fun, but Dirt Rally pretty much obsoletes them. It's the perfect rally racing game (even in pre-release stage).

I've seen good reviews for Grid Autosport, but based on my previous experience with Grid, I'm a little hesitant. Is this worth the price?

I'm not interested in online racing...just a good SP racing game.

Last edited:

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Well there is no secret ultimate Forza clone on PC that you never heard about, unfortunately. You've pretty much run the gamut of what's available. Maybe one day we'll get something on the level of Forza 4 or Forza Horizon 2 on PC.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
a Forza on PC would be great, but yes... from Project Cars you can only go to more realism, but worse graphics and less accessible fun, like Iracing, Rfactor2 or something (which are mostly for multiplayer racing)... or to more arcade stuff

if you like Formula 1, you might try F1 2015... but it's more arcade...

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
rFactor 1 & 2, Race 07, GTR Evolution, GTR2, iRacing, RaceRoom Experience (terrible IMO), DiRT 3 complete edition is probably the best IMO, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Test Drive Unlimited 2, NASCAR 15, F1 2015, etc. Project CARS is great, been having fun with it on my PS4.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
You have to trying racing with a VR headset. Had a OR dk2 for awhile and played AC on it. Its a really compelling experience if you have a wheel.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
It's not for everyone but I've only really had fun with one racing game, "Burnout: Paradise". I'm not sure how it'd be on PC compared to playstation.

The fun was variety of exploration, puzzles, a little 'combat driving', some straight races; the one mode I didn't like and you don't have to use it, is 'stunts'.

It has a nice game world with city, mountains, dirt areas, oceanfront, dock, buildings you jump between, and more.

marcplante

Mar 17, 2005
Well there is no secret ultimate Forza clone on PC that you never heard about, unfortunately. You've pretty much run the gamut of what's available. Maybe one day we'll get something on the level of Forza 4 or Forza Horizon 2 on PC.

I'm a hard core GTR2 racer since it uses a lot of tracks I've been on. Forza 6 looks like a lot of fun. Wondering if it's time to look into an Xbox 360 emulator for my PC. Anyone BTDT?

Marc