Looking for a new multi-function printer: Epson Artisan 800 -or- Workforce 600?

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Any particular reson(s) to choose one over the other? Primarily I'm interested in the scanner & auto document feeder; I've got a laser for B&W printing, and don't need to print color all that often. Suggestions?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
In MHO buying a color inkjet multifunctional Epson inkjet is likely to be a fools game for you. Unless you print very frequently, any inkjet will tend to clog with epsons being perhaps the worst on clogging.

My solution to your dilemma was to purchase a used brother monochrome multifuntional laser with color scanning capacity, and then pair it with my wife's single functional Canon inkjet that I refill, networking both, and using the inkjet for the bulk of of our printing because a refillable Canon beats the hell out of the brother laser on monochrome printing and does color very cheaply.

Or given your needs, maybe get a $400 + color laser multifunctional and if you seldom use color, you are very infrequently going to have to replace very expensive color toner cartridges.

Unless you know exactly what you are doing regarding multifunctional inkjets, they can be very expensive mistakes. And unless you can refill your inkjet and use it frequently, you are likely to be an unhappy camper. PM me if you want more specific refilling information, because cracked chips leave you in a very narrow window in time that may soon close.

UMfanatic

Jan 16, 2004
I like epson although my last one died, but I find them to be a better price than HP's (i use to be an HP addict) I would get an Epson with WiFi as well.