Looking for a new dungeon crawler...

quackerww

Sep 18, 2005
Looking for a new dungeon crawler... Any Ideas... I have not played one in a almost 5 years and don't know what to look for hehe.

I am looking for one like dungeon siege style...

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Mythos is more Diablo 2-ish, but still fun.

Titan Quest is probably your best bet for a Dungeon Siege type game.

kypron7

Nov 6, 2006
Theres a few out, but nothing is quite as amazing as diabo 1 +2.

1: Titan Quest, and Titan Quest Immortal Throne expansion
2: Dungeon Siege 2 and Dungeon Siege 2 Broken World expansion
3: Loki Heroes of Mythology
4: Hellgate London
5: Sacred and Sacred Underworld expansion

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Titan Quest, and for god sakes get the expansion. It does more than just add a new class and maps, it gives you more game features which will feel essential once you get used to them.

Dungeon Siege 2 is OK, I hear you can get it with the expansion dirt cheap nowadays.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
just about every post has recommended Titan Quest. Yes, get it with the expansion. You can find the bundle now as the Gold Edition.

Its beautiful. Has trumped Diablo in book. Not just because it's newer and looks much, much, MUCH better, but because the environments are much more diverse, the music is damn near perfect, and because it feels like Diablo Reincarnate. It even uses almost the entirely same control schema. It's got plenty of dungeons for you.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Titan Quest & TI: Immortal Throne ++. Just be careful about putting your items in storage and doing a reformat / 'My Documents' relocation. Still haven't gotten that to work properly, but TQ Vault works well for that.

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
Titan Quest is pretty good, I'm playing that right now. Immortal Throne crashes on me every time I try to play it within a half hour or so, but TQ will run all day long, so I don't know what the deal with that is. Game itself isn't very well optimized though, needs a pretty beefy system to run well.

Dungeon Siege 2 is fun as well, I haven't played the expansion yet though, just ordered it a few days ago.

Dungeon Runners is a free online only game, worth the download IMO.

I've seen a game called Fate that looks somewhat interesting, never tried it myself though since it lacks any sort of multiplayer, but if you don't mind single player adventures it might be worthwhile.

Don't bother with Loki, it's putrid crap. I didn't like Hellgate either, it's definitely not the same vein as D2/Dungeon Siege despite what people say. I've still yet to play a dungeon crawler that even came close to touching Diablo 2 LOD though.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Man, I'd just pick up the Diamond Edition of NWN1 or the upcoming NWN2 Gold and DL one of the many dungeon crawl modules. Far cheaper, although admittedly, less visually pleasing.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Man, I'd just pick up the Diamond Edition of NWN1 or the upcoming NWN2 Gold and DL one of the many dungeon crawl modules. Far cheaper, although admittedly, less visually pleasing.
Good choices, also FYI GoGamer has Dungeon Siege 2 on sale for $15 for one more day. I've only played DS1, it was simple but fun.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
A friend of mine gave me a copy of Titan Quest .... sounds like I should finally bother to go and install it.

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Titan Quest + IT expansion are good, I just picked up Neverwinter Nights 2 as a freebie with a video card and so far the OC is pretty entertaining. Re playable to the extreme with all of the free downloadable content plus the commercial expansion packs.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Titan Quest is pissing me off. I can't loot. The manual says that you left click to loot, but I can't loot any items by left clicking them. I've seen all kinds of sparkly stuff and potions lying on the ground....

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
Try holding ALT or Z, if you're playing the original TQ this shouldn't be an issue, but with Immortal Throne there's an option to only pick up items when holding one of those keys.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah it's IT. I guess that option is on by default... Why wouldn't they just set it to what the manual says? Thanks.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Actually I did try holding alt... left over Dungeon Siege muscle memory. I don't think it worked. I guess Z might