Looking for a new cars. Please give your opinion

beamme84

May 21, 2003
So after 4 years, my father is ready to give up on the 93 camry v6. Although the camry is only about 100k miles and the engine is still running great, he wants to get a new car, preferably something that it is 4wd since we live in the northeast and it's nice to have that feature during the winter. We're gonnna trade or sell the camry and use the money for down payment. SUV or not, it doesn't matter to him. The budget is around $35k or less, nicely equipped.

He's looking for 0% financing or some good deals on a new car. Is there any around this time? He also prefer Jap cars, so I think that's kinda hard to find 0% financing.

I'm suggesting him to look into the Nissan Murano and he seems to like it, except for the nasty front grill. What do you think?

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
Toyota 4runner. Although they might be a little over $35K, nicely equipped.

Jombo

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
erm.. i'm trying to imagine someone's dad ripping it up in a wrx or a evo viii.. i somehow can't picture it. if someone that looks 40 or so is driving a kid racer, it looks like they are going through a midlife crisis..

altho when he hands you the keys, now there's a perk to make your dad get funny looks on a daily basis from strangers.

how about a tl? or the volvo s60r. i hate the volvos, but man check out the specs and the numbers it turns up. ain't so vanilla anymore.

beamme84

May 21, 2003
Although I wish my father would get an Evo, that's not possible since my mother doesn't know manual. Audi seems like a nice car.

Keep them coming :)

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Originally posted by: xEDIT409
You can get a FULLY LOADED MISTUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION, for about 33k.
Holy shiet!!

" Engine Type: Inline-4

Engine Block: Cast Iron

Cylinder Head: Aluminum Alloy

Displacement (liters): 2.0

Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net): 271@6500

Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 273@3500

Redline (rpm): 7000

Bore and Stroke (mm): 85.0 x 88.0

Compression Ratio: 8.8:1

Valvetrain: DOHC 16-Valve

Valve Cover: Magnesium

4-Wheel Ventilated BREMBO? Disc Brakes with Aluminium Caliper Housings:

Fuel System: ECI-MULTI Electronic Fuel Injection

Engine Oil Type: 100% Fully Synthetic Oil Required

Turbocharger Type: Twin Scroll Turbine

Top Speed: 157 MPH"

sweet! check out the hp/torque numbers and at what RPM they're at, for a 4cyl! That's pretty frickin sweet! 7k redline, yet max torque is at 3500.. man oh man!! :D:D

Bullhonkie

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
Go with STi! ;)

In all seriousness, I second the Forester XT, or a WRX wagon if he's looking for something more compact.