Looking for a Great Mystery/Thriller/Suspense Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Just watched the movie "following" by Christopher Nolan and thought it was a decent show. I would like to read a fiction book that throws the reader into a spin finally revealing something surprising at the end. Thanks to all who post.

Last edited:

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
dean koontz and micheal connely are great authors. i liked a lot of the earlier work of koontz, and i'm really into the harry bosch series by connely.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
dean koontz and micheal connely are great authors. i liked a lot of the earlier work of koontz, and i'm really into the harry bosch series by connely.

Dean Koontz has been hit or miss for me. Some of his stuff has been pretty good some not very good.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
The Mitch Rapp series of books by Vince Flynn is your answer. Current too, in that Rapp is a counter terrorist operative for the CIA, he hunts terrorists. The author, Flynn, was part of Red Cell for Homeland Security so he knows his stuff. A movie is in the works too, not sure the status however.

Coming in 2nd place is the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.

They are easy to find at any decent used book store.

If you have any decent used book store near you, I would recommend

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Dean Koontz has been hit or miss for me. Some of his stuff has been pretty good some not very good.
yeah, i definitely agree with you. though most of his stuff lately has been garbage. i haven't been able to finish any of his books from the last ten years or so.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Shutter Island.

The movie was garbage. The book was solid and made me actually feel like I was trapped in the island myself with never ending storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.