Question Looking for a great 1080p gaming monitor

Petrol

Jan 28, 2022
Well it's been over 7 years now since I have bought a new monitor and I'm feeling completely lost.

No matter how much I research, I seem to end up with more questions than answers and hoping that all the smart people over here could help me out.

What I'm looking for is a IPS panel 24 inch G-sync1080p monitor. I don't need 300+hz but 240 range would be nice.

Some of the questions I have:

Is there a big difference between "G-sync compatible" and "G-sync certified"?

Is it unrealistic to get proper HDR on 1080p? so many claim to have it, yet reviews show it's really garbage.

Would anyone have any recommendations? (for all price ranges)

Any help or information what to look out for these days would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Well it's been over 7 years now since I have bought a new monitor and I'm feeling completely lost.

No matter how much I research, I seem to end up with more questions than answers and hoping that all the smart people over here could help me out.

What I'm looking for is a IPS panel 24 inch G-sync1080p monitor. I don't need 300+hz but 240 range would be nice.

Is it unrealistic to get proper HDR on 1080p? so many claim to have it, yet reviews show it's really garbage.

Any help or information what to look out for these days would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

having just gone through this myself, (I went from an old 24" TN 1080 panel to a 32" VA 1440 panel) I can say, "Yes, there's a bit of difference between G-sync compatible...and G-sync certified, but it's fairly minimal G-sync certified has an actual nVidia chip in the monitor...certified doesn't. Will you notice the difference? Maybe...maybe not.

Glo.

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2015

Dell S2522HG fits your needs.

If you want better colours, but slightly slower in terms of refresh rate, albeit - with great response times, still Gigabyte G24F with 170 Hz is great deal.

One of those two monitors will fit you great.

hlexe

Feb 27, 2022
İ am using This. Bought it like 3 months ago for gaming. İt has good reviews you can check. 1080p ips gaming monitor. İt is a new released monitor also. 1 year ago maybe. İt is good stylish and responsive. But for me, an İPS panel is never like a TN panel in terms of responsiveness. That won't change, ips has its drawbacks, so it should not effect your decision. But it is not g-sync.

PlanetLockdownFilm

Mar 2, 2022
I'm pretty content with the LED ASUS Gaming TUF VG249Q 23.8 inch 1 ms FreeSync 144Hz. It has a good stand that can go up and down and rotate and a thin bezel. Backlight bleed has gotten slightly worse over time, but overall I'm satisfied with it.

jhona48

Jan 17, 2022
Best 1080p Monitor: ASUS VG279QM
having lot of specifications like,
Mixed Usage 8.2
Office 8.1
Gaming 8.8
Multimedia 7.9
Media Creation 8.0
HDR Gaming 7.4
Size 27"
Resolution 1920x1080
Max Refresh Rate 280 Hz
Pixel Type IPS

Reactions: williamsheikspare

Petrol

Jan 28, 2022
Thank you so much for all of the suggestions!

I went ahead and bought a Asus VG259QM and so far really happy with it!

There were a few really good options to choose from so it wasn't an easy decision by any means.

I'll update this post once I've had time to test everything.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I would not accept 10 billion Hz refresh rate to settle for 24"/1080p. That's not being a snob, refresh rate has diminishing returns after 120Hz while physical size and pixels, not so much. Granted at the moment, video cards are obscenely priced still so that seems like a reason that someone budget conscious might not go higher than 1440p on a larger screen like 32".

Reactions: Leeea