~~~Looking for a Good P4 OCing HSF that is top mountable And you can coose the fan to install on it~~

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Like to keep my 4red LED fan for a new P4 setup. had my fan on an ALPHA 8045 on my AMD but now want a top mountable only HSF so I do not have to take the mobo out of the case all the time. looked at some other threads but didn't see much other than SLK's...

btw anyone have any experience with coolermaster heatpipe P4 HSF? I can get one local for ~$45 big and copper.

jarsoffart

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: EXman
Like to keep my 4red LED fan for a new P4 setup. had my fan on an ALPHA 8045 on my AMD but now want a top mountable only HSF so I do not have to take the mobo out of the case all the time. looked at some other threads but didn't see much other than SLK's...

btw anyone have any experience with coolermaster heatpipe P4 HSF? I can get one local for ~$45 big and copper.

The coolermaster heatpipe HSF is loud and only offers adequate cooling for the noise. I would suggest a Thermalright SLK series heatsink, but the top mountable ones are only for Socket A. Some people seem to like the Vantec Aeroflow heatsink, but it is a bit loud, not nearly as loud as the coolermaster heatpipe one. I know one of the Zalman flower heatsinks is top mountable and the Zalman heatsinks are good. The Zalman uses a fan bracket so pretty much any fan will work.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
The Zalman I think is rebadged as a PcToys at CompUSSR er USA anyone verify this?

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
I know one of the Zalman flower heatsinks is top mountable and the Zalman heatsinks are good. The Zalman uses a fan bracket so pretty much any fan will work.

I'll second the vote for the Zalman.. I love mine