Looking for a good electric knife sharpener

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
OK, I got to ask. Are you talking about sharpening the blades on an electric knife or sharpening a kitchen type knife using an electrical gadget?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I have a stone, but I want something that works a little faster.

You can either do it fast, or do it right. The worst auto sharpeners ruin the blade. The best ones will give a sub optimal hone.

nonameo

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2006
OK, first of all I do NOT have expensive knives. Just regular joe knives, and they get dull when you use them a lot. I don't need super high grade 400$ precision sharpening. Sorry if I worded it wrong, this is for regular knives. Also, thank you mastatam, that looks like what I'm looking for.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
i have something simular to this sharpener and i like it and it is quick, draw the knife through a couple of times and it's done.

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
Just hone/straighten it with a steel often, then have it professionally sharpened 1-2 times a year (usually a couple dollars each time).

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Most people don't even sharpen their knives. An electric sharpener might not be ideal but I CBA to make a habit out of sharpening knives because I don't care enough.

I have a kitchen aid one, I'll post the model later. It's pretty decent and cheap. Most importantly to me at least is that it doesn't totally kill the blade, it's about 40 draws alternating to intially set up the blade, then about 10 draws for maintenence. With 2 stages. Like I said it doesn't really grind the metal down much, so it's a good sharpener.

Cuts tomatoes well and thats about all you can really ask for. Anything else it's hard to tell how sharp the knife is. Sharp enough to cut paper just free-holding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.