Looking for a Game help!

SaixTLD

Jul 23, 2015
Hi! I have been getting into the RTS genre and I am trying to find a specific game (I'm not sure if it even exist) Anyways I been playing the Age of Mythology and I love it except for one thing! the entire game is just playing rounds of games and I want to grow my "kingdom" and explore and take over lands.
Basically, everything in the game is fine except for the fact that everything you been working for, wont matter in a couple of minutes cause the game would have ended. I am trying to find a RTS game that is medivaly-ish (or at least humans and not just flying spaceships) that requires resource gathering as a big part of it, and a growing "kingdom" that you can return to. Is there such thing?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Hi! I have been getting into the RTS genre and I am trying to find a specific game (I'm not sure if it even exist) Anyways I been playing the Age of Mythology and I love it except for one thing! the entire game is just playing rounds of games and I want to grow my "kingdom" and explore and take over lands.
Basically, everything in the game is fine except for the fact that everything you been working for, wont matter in a couple of minutes cause the game would have ended. I am trying to find a RTS game that is medivaly-ish (or at least humans and not just flying spaceships) that requires resource gathering as a big part of it, and a growing "kingdom" that you can return to. Is there such thing?

Sounds like what you are wanting is a 4X game like Civilization.

SaixTLD

Jul 23, 2015
Sounds like what you are wanting is a 4X game like Civilization.

The game looks like fun, but its not what I had in mind, Civilization is more of a turn based game and I don't see the resource gathering aspect, I'm looking for a game I can drop hours into farming and growing. I will definitely check the game out though.

Ps: If possible I'm trying for it not the be very "advanced" as in airplanes and tanks which is why I'm not into the whole "Space" battles and all that.

Last edited:

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The game looks like fun, but its not what I had in mind, Civilization is more of a turn based game and I don't see the resource gathering aspect, I'm looking for a game I can drop hours into farming and growing. I will definitely check the game out though.

Ps: If possible I'm trying for it not the be very "advanced" as in airplanes and tanks which is why I'm not into the whole "Space" battles and all that.

Civilization is a very different type of game from a RTS. RTS games are really more about tactics than strategy, 4X games are more strategy than tactics.

Civ is turn based, and there is a kind of resource gathering. Your civilization needs resources to build things. For example if you want to have cavalry you will need to locate, secure, and incorporate into your civilization land that has the horse resource on it, or if you are more social you can try trading other civilizations for your resources (but beware that they might take it away from you at any time!)

I think there are 4X like games that are more like what you are looking for, but I'm afraid I don't know which ones. I'm sure someone here can help you out.

Canun

Apr 1, 2006
Rise of Nations is awesome. RTS game, but with a map which has bonus cards to play. So a mix of Risk and Starcraft.