looking for a Fight Club article

minus1972

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2000
I remember reading an article a while back about a guy who had seen fight club and made some dramatic life changes as a result. What I can remember was that he worked in an office, had put on weight and was losing his hair, and then quit after seeing fight club. He became a construction worker or something like that and eventually met his own "Marla Singer."

I've been having trouble finding the article since it was so long ago and because of the number of "Fight Club workouts." I'm hoping that someone might have read the same article or could help me find what I'm looking for based on the rambling above.

MattCo

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001
I know which one you are talking about, the guy confronted his childhood bully. I think it was in the GQ magazine with Jessica Biel on the cover (maybe june/july).

-MC

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: MattCo
I know which one you are talking about, the guy confronted his childhood bully. I think it was in the GQ magazine with Jessica Biel on the cover (maybe june/july).

-MC

yep. confirmed.

the article was about the east bay rats

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Sounds like an interesting article... would love to read it.

P.s. you violated the first and second rules of fight club! :eek:

j/k :D

MattCo

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Originally posted by: MattCo

-MC

Actually, after re-reading the OP, I think this is a totally different article than the one you are talking about.

Sorry for the thread-jack... The one in the July GQ is a good read though, the man is a writer and searches for his childhood bully, finds him running a gang/fight club in Oakland. Turns out a lot different than I expected.

Edit: Yep is is the East Bay Rats.

minus1972

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2000
Can't find the GQ article (with the exception of a blog post by the photographer), but it's not the one I'm thinking of.

Anyone else remember?