Look what's in my trunk!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
Originally posted by: lozina
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
I think it's a new-ish safety standard or something.

gangsters and kidnappers will be pissed now! they'll have to kill their victims before they put them in the trunk or it have to do more work to prevent the victm from opening the latch

Modern cars lack the trunk space required for the easy transport of bodies, anyway.

Not that I know from experience or anything. :eek:

have you seen volkswagen passat's trunk?

Yes, but I don't want to have to be towed to the dump site.

aaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahhahahahha sig material

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
I think it's a new-ish safety standard or something.

gangsters and kidnappers will be pissed now! they'll have to kill their victims before they put them in the trunk or it have to do more work to prevent the victm from opening the latch

Modern cars lack the trunk space required for the easy transport of bodies, anyway.

Not that I know from experience or anything. :eek:

you need to check out a cadillac or a sebring. those have room for a couple bodies if bent properly. my 80 cadi has room for a small family. my old 76 impala had room for a mexican family in it

Tommouse

Feb 29, 2004
My car (a Passat no less. It has been reliable too :p) has the latch on the inside of the trunk, and its an 02. I think that year might have been mandatory, as the 01's didn't get the interior trunk release.