Look at this dude tongue-lash the PM of England in front of his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Eloquent and pwned

I like it. Fearless and relevant. His points are quite prudent, I think. He calls him "wooden and perfunctory". You realize why reality shows in the US use English people, right? Because it's impressive to be scolded by somebody with that accent.

Do senators ever give such speeches to POTUS? I know they will complain behind his back on a news show but in front of him really cutting into him like this? It's great!

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
That made my knickers tight. :eek:

But I think any member of Congress making that speech would have to take a hard look in the mirror first.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I'm not sure the European Parliament is really the place for a British politician to be criticizing the prime minister on mostly domestic affairs, but well done.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
We should send in our President to debate this guy. I would call it: Hannan VS Teleprompter.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
the big difference between USA democracy and the west-European systems is that the PM has to go before his parliament every week to defend his policies. There is always a debate going on.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Originally posted by: freegeeks
the big difference between USA democracy and the west-European systems is that the PM has to go before his parliament every week to defend his policies. There is always a debate going on.

Yea I always found it strange the President isn't actually forced to answer questions about policy - except in the election debates of course. You'd think it's the right of the people to ask whatever they want and damn well get it anwered. These politicians work for us not the other way round.

Don't be too impressed by this guy Hannan though - the clip says more about how weak Brown is than how strong the opposition is. Blair would have stood up and shot the guy down so badly they would have had to put him out with a fire extinguisher... I can't believe I just stood up for Blair...

Status
Not open for further replies.