Longest Puzzle/Riddle ever?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Can someone help with 12? I'm trying to learn mahjong but there's so much stuff confusing me. All I know is that it is a winning hand [hu] and it's worth 88 points. I tried searching for that but I really don't know what's going on.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: scorpmatt
my brain hurts... im stuck on 5. any good hints?

Double Trouble

1.) Broccoli

2.) Balloon

3.) __________

Look at the title, then the words. Notice a pattern?

scorpmatt

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: RapidSnail

Double Trouble

1.) Broccoli

2.) Balloon

3.) __________

ok, i see the pattern.... now to figure out 3 before my brain hurts more

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Any hints on 16? I have the puzzle 85% completed, and the 3 parts I have extra wont fit anywhere. Someone PM and let me know if I'm going in the right directions? ACE?

Edit: Got it. That was.. a weird looking letter :p

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006

Double Trouble

1.) Broccoli

2.) Balloon

3.) __________

Assuming you know the right pattern, the third word will have that amount. The answer is an occupation and it begins with "B." There is only one word in the English language like it.

scorpmatt

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

Double Trouble

1.) Broccoli

2.) Balloon

3.) __________

Assuming you know the right pattern, the third word will have that amount. The answer is an occupation and it begins with "B." There is only one word in the English language like it.

and how! got it, and its such a great word too.

Now to figure out what starts with "c" for lvl 6

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Can someone help with 12? I'm trying to learn mahjong but there's so much stuff confusing me. All I know is that it is a winning hand [hu] and it's worth 88 points. I tried searching for that but I really don't know what's going on.

Anyone? I keep losing attention trying to learn what's going on. I don't even know where to start :(.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
WTF, level 18 makes NO sense at all. The directions don't even follow each other.... :|

Midlander

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2002

Anyone? I keep losing attention trying to learn what's going on. I don't even know where to start :(.

You can find the name of the hand by google (at least that's how I did it). Look for rules.

Midlander

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2002
Originally posted by: JujuFish
Originally posted by: Midlander
Originally posted by: Sephy
Originally posted by: Sephy
I'm stuck on 28 now, and going to bed. Too hard.
Mind giving me a clue on 27?

Which part?

I didn't know there were parts. The first part, I guess.

They're all rhymes. I can't figure out 27.6 though. I figured out the logos, but the obvious rhyme doesn't work. :(

How am I supposed to tell what I need to rhyme?

I don't remember which one that was, but look for something like "fatcat" or "funnybunny."

Midlander

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2002
I'm on hold until someone else reaches 27.6. I've beat my head against the wall for too long....

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
Originally posted by: thecrecarc
some PM me the answer to number 5 please? im stuck :(

Read up.

i figured that part already... still no clue. i swear, im gonna break my keyboard from all the skull bashing im doing :(

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Wow, I just got 12. I happened upon a site that had three 88 point hands and I tried them and it worked. Can you explain, via PM, how you got it "the right way"?

Midlander

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CraKaJaX
WTF, level 18 makes NO sense at all. The directions don't even follow each other.... :|

Which one is 18?

The simon says one.

Try to work it in one language, not mixed. In other words, convert everything to English ABCs.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004

Which one is 18?

The simon says one.

Try to work it in one language, not mixed. In other words, convert everything to English ABCs.

...? It can go in so many directions. **-*, wtf does that mean? It could be 4 spots, or 3 spots. Then *** and **? Apparently it turns out to REFEREES, but that hasn't happened yet.

liquid51

Oct 14, 2005
So, he says it's not a problem with his html code, but with my browser settings. I'm pretty sure i didn't miss anything in my browser settings and every other website I've ever been to with embedded audio works. Can someone help this poor dope? I feel I am missing vital clues without sound.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Originally posted by: liquid51
So, he says it's not a problem with his html code, but with my browser settings. I'm pretty sure i didn't miss anything in my browser settings and every other website I've ever been to with embedded audio works. Can someone help this poor dope? I feel I am missing vital clues without sound.

I've made it to level 18 with no sound. Are you beyond that point? If not, all puzzles are possible without sound up to now.

liquid51

Oct 14, 2005
lol. nope. I'm on the elements. lvl 4. I've put about 10 minutes into it so far. Thanks :)