Long Shot: Electrical issue with 1997 Subaru Outback

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
Hi All,

So, I tried to install an iPhone adapter to my car stereo, a JVC KD-HDR1, and after I took everything apart and spliced into the +12V wire in the wiring harness, when I reconnect the car battery, I get a clicking sound that sounds like a turn signal is on at a slower than normal rhythm, or something is trying to turn over.

I then took the add-on out of the car and put the console back together, but the problem remains. It's got to be a short somewhere, but I pulled all the wires away from metal and the click continues. It goes fro a short period, stops, and then restarts.

I know this is going to be something that is difficult to impossible to diagnose without looking at the issue in person, but I'm hoping to hit a jackpot here. :)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
Tt sounds like it's coming from the dash/center console area, but I'm having some difficulty locating it exactly.

Unfortunately, I don't have any electrical measuring devices. :(

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
So I narrowed it down to the Automatic Door Lock electronics, or at least I'm guessing that, since I pulled the fuse and the clicking stopped. :) Since I only touched the one +12V on the stereo side of the wiring harness, could that really muck up some random wire for the door locks, running through the center console?

Status
Not open for further replies.