Long continuous beep when launching God of War...

MoragaBlue

Jul 17, 2022
Hey Guys,

I was having an issue and can't seem to find anything on it during my searches, and thought I'd ask here.

Bought God of War from Steam, and when launching the game, I hear a long continuous beep coming from my monitor's speakers. This happens even when I turn off the monitor's speakers and use external speakers hooked directly to my sound card. This doesn't happen with any other game or at any other time. By the way, running on Windows 11.

Any insights on what may be going on? In all my years, I've never experienced this.

Thanks!

MoragaBlue

Jul 17, 2022
Resolved. Game defaulted to 125 FPS and the first monitor I was running it at was only 60hz. When I tired another one at 144hz, all was well.

Sorry for the thread!

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I encountered this issue when playing one of the call to Juarez games. It's FPS was uncapped and it behaved a bit like Furmark in it ate every last little ounce of system resource available to it and regularly hit 300-400fps.

As a result, my system would quickly start overheating and start screaching and if I didn't back out of the game quick I'd get a crash.

MoragaBlue

Jul 17, 2022
As a result, my system would quickly start overheating and start screaching and if I didn't back out of the game quick I'd get a crash.

It's been so long for me since my last PC build that I'm from a time when the bottleneck had always been the GPU and having an over abundance of FPS was never an issue at high video settings.

Thanks for the heads up!