London Hospital workers allegedly covered body of Muslim in mortuary with pork slices/bacon

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Dead Muslim desecrated with bacon strips
Hospital workers allegedly covered body in mortuary with pork slices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 3, 2003
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Police in Britain say two former hospital workers face charges for allegedly desecrating the body of a dead Muslim grandmother with slices of bacon.

Published reports say Habiba Mohammed, 65, died of cancer Jan. 17, and was transported to Hillingdon Hospital mortuary in west London the following day.

While at the mortuary, it was discovered her corpse had been covered with bacon strips. The Muslim faith prohibits the eating and touching of pork products.

Police launched an immediate investigation into what they called a religiously or racially motivated hate crime, viewing security footage, taking statements from staff and carrying out forensic tests on the bacon.

In April, once word of the incident reached the national media throughout the UK, police offered a reward of more than $7,500 for information leading to the culprits.

"This is a particularly grotesque act which has outraged the family as well as the whole community," police spokesman Tony Hester said, according to the Hillingdon Times.

Richard Barnes, a local member of the Greater London Authority told the paper, "Everybody immediately recognized how absolutely horrendous this is and there has been a full criminal investigation from the beginning."
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32884

Chobits

May 12, 2003
Even though there will be those who laugh I think that is cruel. The big question is WHY...and that is something I really can't think of

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Thats just plain sick. Strange I haven't noticed it in the news though.

EDIT Didn't read it properly. Apparantly it hit the news here in April. Didn't notice it back then though, either.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
The big question is WHY.......

If it is one thing that I've learned in this life, its that some people are fscked up. Hope springs eternal that their misfiring neurons cause these people to trip and fall off subway platforms............

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's somewhat of a tradition in England. They used to do this to the Muslims in India (at least for a little while) to discourage revolt.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: AndrewR
It's somewhat of a tradition in England. They used to do this to the Muslims in India (at least for a little while) to discourage revolt.

Not sure I'd agree with your definition of "tradition". First instance I've come across of this sort of thing in my lifetime.

Cheers,

Andy