LOL @ Stupid Road Signs

LordRaiden

Banned
Dec 10, 2002
I've seen a lot of stupid road signs in my life, but this one is classic.

Women drivers - This lane!

I'm sure you guys have seen some really silly or dumb road signs. Name a few, or if you're lucky enough to have pics, post them.

profet

Jan 17, 2003
i wish we had a women only lane here, although i think its fake.

it would be easier to meet women ;)

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
That's gotta be a Photochop. Funny, though.

The weirdest (not necessarily stupidest) sign I've ever seen on the road was on I-15 North somewhere in Nevada, while we were on the way to Vegas. There's a road called "Zzyyzzxx" or something like that, with a big sign indicating it. Who was in charge of naming THAT road is beyond me. :D

EDIT: Tried to snap a picture of that sign, among a few others (including the "Bun Boy" restaurant) on the way, but most of those pictures came out totally blurred. :(

LordRaiden

Banned
Dec 10, 2002
That's not half as bad as the town named "Weed". And it's next to a college at that too!! I wonder who named that town??

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: LordRaiden
That's not half as bad as the town named "Weed". And it's next to a college at that too!! I wonder who named that town??

:D I've seen that picture with the guy standing next to the sign you mentioned. Go to Boners.com (produced by the same guy responsible for rotten.com). Lots of funny/weird pictures of stuff like that.

Warning: Many of the pictures may not be work-safe. :D

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
OH ok...i was thinking that was what you were calling it because there is generally a Guy on the roof (statue) holding a hamburger in a bun.

Pic

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

My town had a Japanese restaurant that name Fuk Yoo Fuku that have the on a large neon sign.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
There is a road in southern Indiana (IN-37) that has a sign that looks like a backwards K with a tail on it. It's some manner of unholy crossroads. I would have taken a pic, but I didn't have my camera.

shekondar

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
There is a road in southern Indiana (IN-37) that has a sign that looks like a backwards K with a tail on it. It's some manner of unholy crossroads. I would have taken a pic, but I didn't have my camera.
Sorta on topic, some funny names (also in Indiana):
That Rd. (somewhere between Indy & Bloomington)
Washboard Rd. (also between Indy & Bloomington)
Nameless Creek (between Indy & Ft. Wayne)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: LordRaiden
I've driven past Weed many times. It's on I-5 in far Northern California, between Redding and Yreka, almost right on the slopes of Mt. Shasta.

Here in Portland's "Old Town" (our Chinatown) is a restaurant called "Hung Far Lo" :D

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I just remember on Jackass when they went to Mianus (pronounced My Anus). And Knoxville was all asking the local townsfold stuff like "So you are telling me there are 1200 people in my anus?", and "There is a whole gas station in my anus?". It was pretty funny.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: shekondar
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Sorta on topic, some funny names (also in Indiana):
That Rd. (somewhere between Indy & Bloomington)
Washboard Rd. (also between Indy & Bloomington)
Nameless Creek (between Indy & Ft. Wayne)

Heh, yeah, I've seen That Rd. and Washboard Rd.

In Orange County there is the Lost River which doesn't have any water in it (at least when it's not flooding).

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Chinatown and Little Italy has lots of signs which say "Don't even THINK about parking here." A lot of them are translated to other languages underneath.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Dog Rump Creek, Alberta.

They changed the town's name about 10 years ago, but the creek is still that name...

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Encryptic

The weirdest (not necessarily stupidest) sign I've ever seen on the road was on I-15 North somewhere in Nevada, while we were on the way to Vegas. There's a road called "Zzyyzzxx" or something like that, with a big sign indicating it. Who was in charge of naming THAT road is beyond me. :D

EDIT: Tried to snap a picture of that sign, among a few others (including the "Bun Boy" restaurant) on the way, but most of those pictures came out totally blurred. :(

Info on Zzyzx Road

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I still get a kick out of

SLOW
Children

signs.

Even though I know why they are there, the alt.interpretation gives me a laugh.

LordRaiden

Banned
Dec 10, 2002
Originally posted by: notfred
Originally posted by: Encryptic

Info on Zzyzx Road
I just realized something. The road's name isn't a joke or someone being stupid. It's a pictogram using letters. Look closely at each letter and you'll quickly realize what the name means. :Q

It's somewhat of a warning, but I'll let you guys figure it out. :D