LOL@Nvidia

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarick

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
If bitcoins are such a great deal why are you selling them for cash. Shouldn't you be holding onto them until the future is all bitcoins or the value goes up to $1,000,0000 per coin?

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
If bitcoins are such a great deal why are you selling them for cash. Shouldn't you be holding onto them until the future is all bitcoins or the value goes up to $1,000,0000 per coin?

OP will try to ignore this, just as he ignored my pointing out that if he were so sure BTC would rise in price he could have simply bought them straight up instead. Even nonstop mining with the most powerful AMD GPU doesn't return nearly as much as simply buying and holding. In Jan. 2012 you could have bought a 7970 for $550 and mined on it, or bought $550 worth of bitcoins. The former would have been lucrative, but the latter would have been so much better--worth around $25,500 today. So someone could have dropped $550 on BTC and then bought a GTX 680 and still be way ahead of anyone who mined. But OP wants to ignore that fact because he's trolling for his employer or something.

Last edited:

Muyoso

Dec 6, 2005
Why the hell did you guys bite on his obvious trolling? Seriously, why play into it and actually try and refute his "argument"? Are all of you guys like new on the internet this week? Or maybe you are all 12 years old?

Madpacket

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Look. The fact remains my Ravens cards paid for themselves 4x over. If I chose NVIDIA cards I would be on the negative. That's all.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Why the hell did you guys bite on his obvious trolling? Seriously, why play into it and actually try and refute his "argument"? Are all of you guys like new on the internet this week? Or maybe you are all 12 years old?

Because it's fun to make fun of trolls?

Xarick

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
I bought my card to play games. I guess I am an idiot since I was suppose to buy it to make drug money.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
Sorry I pay 0.075 cents per KW.

for me it's more like over $.20
that's a huge difference, and one of the reasons (plus heat, and how slow my system was a with single GPU trying to run BTC and web browse at the same time) why I didn't take BTC seriously when I looked into it (more than 2 years ago), perhaps it was a mistake, considering how much a single BTC is worth now, but most people probably sold their BTCs over the years for far less than what they are worth now, and I would probably have made the same.

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
Look. The fact remains my Ravens cards paid for themselves 4x over. If I chose NVIDIA cards I would be on the negative. That's all.

I'm glad to see it and would like to see Bitcoin prowess from nVidia, too! I like the idea of more value, reasons, strengths that some may go beyond just gaming.

The key is there is welcomed choice and differentiation to consider at times. Sometimes nVidia may have strengths that are compelling and sometimes AMD does as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.