lol, local Iowa house race...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Is this really what the Democrats have to offer Iowa? An unemployed not-quite graduated kid who still lives with mommy and daddy?

Rivals for House District 70 tout experience
lol "experience" alright...:laugh:

JOB HISTORY: Leaning Tower of Pizza, Home Depot, Barnes and Noble and Mercy Medical Center.

So the question is - which one of you is Matt? I know a few of you are from Iowa...one of you libs have to be this guy...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The kid's out fund raising his opponent.

You forgot this part:

His political credentials include internships with former Gov. Tom Vilsack, Rep. Leonard Boswell and the Iowa attorney general's office. Most recently, he was a student lobbyist representing the University of Iowa at the Statehouse.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: ironwing

You forgot this part:

His political credentials include internships with former Gov. Tom Vilsack, Rep. Leonard Boswell and the Iowa attorney general's office. Most recently, he was a student lobbyist representing the University of Iowa at the Statehouse.

But can he see Russia from his parents' basement?

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Is this really what the Democrats have to offer Iowa? An unemployed not-quite graduated kid who still lives with mommy and daddy?

JOB HISTORY: Leaning Tower of Pizza, Home Depot, Barnes and Noble and Mercy Medical Center.

So the question is - which one of you is Matt? I know a few of you are from Iowa...one of you libs have to be this guy...

You are going to be a sad man when this kid wins and the state of Iowa is delivered to Obama.

I'm voting this week here in downtown DSM.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: ironwing

You forgot this part:

He's gotten money from the dem party...;) And yes, he's been groomed by the dem political machine here in Iowa. I'm not sure working with a do-nothing congressman and a failure of a Governor is something that most would embrace...

The kid has zero clue what the real world is...and he wants to be a decision maker in the state house?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BigDH01

You are going to be a sad man when this kid wins and the state of Iowa is delivered to Obama.

Good for you. I'm going to vote when people are supposed to vote - election day. It's sickening that our system has gotten so bastardized that we vote for a damn month.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
If Palin can be nominated for Veep, anything is possible.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005

Good for you. I'm going to vote when people are supposed to vote - election day. It's sickening that our system has gotten so bastardized that we vote for a damn month.

Yeah, extending the voting period to ensure that more people get a chance to let their voice be heard is just sickening.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
What I see is a young person interested enough in making a difference who is getting a chance to actually exerience the American political system. I'm guessing he's running in a district where the Dems don't really have a chance and he didn't have any real competition for the nomination.
In a day and age when we bemoan the lack of interest in politics by our youth, I say this guy deserves some applause.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
What I see is a young person interested enough in making a difference who is getting a chance to actually exerience the American political system. I'm guessing he's running in a district where the Dems don't really have a chance and he didn't have any real competition for the nomination.
In a day and age when we bemoan the lack of interest in politics by our youth, I say this guy deserves some applause.
Definitely. Plus, he's at least twice as experienced as Sara Palin! :D

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: techs
Definitely. Plus, he's at least twice as experienced as Sara Palin! :D
He can see a library from his window!

knawlejj

Dec 2, 2007

Im voting wednesday! Yay for Iowa ;P

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
How much experience does it take to represent Ankeny in the Iowa house? I went to school in Ames, and don't get me wrong, I like Iowa, but the chief requirement for local government seemed to be whether or not you had a pulse.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford
How much experience does it take to represent Ankeny in the Iowa house? I went to school in Ames, and don't get me wrong, I like Iowa, but the chief requirement for local government seemed to be whether or not you had a pulse.

Go Cyclones. Too bad we can't beat Baylor.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Go Cyclones. Too bad we can't beat Baylor.
.... or anyone else... :p

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Sure, house district seats are relatively small time - so? This kid hasn't even been in the real world yet and he(and the dem party) seem to think that he should/could represent the people in my area? Shit kid- go get a real job(not a suck up to lib pols internship) then come back to the table.
Is it not pathetic that the dems had to go to a kid to run? Don't they have anyone with ANY experience to run?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Yeah, extending the voting period to ensure that more people get a chance to let their voice be heard is just sickening.

And opening it up to fraud by Culver(actually vilsack) and his cronies. Yeah - great F'n idea.:roll:

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
I'm just asking an honest question cad, but I guess that's considered trolling in your book. :disgust: