lol... "I'm high right now"

ANGRYEAGLE

Feb 17, 2009
Hey DL you would seem to have been high when you decided to wear a pearl bracelet on national TV. WTF?

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Criminalization hasn't stopped people from obtaining these drugs
It hasn't stopped them from abusing them
It hasn't stopped them from selling them on the streets
Given the chance, most people would never bother with hard drugs like heroine

Criminalization clearly doesn't do anything, so why bother wasting resources trying to fight a losing drug war?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Anybody find it interesting 65% of kids are in treatment because of an illegal drug?

Tab3076

Mar 26, 2009
I'm more confused, why the hell is D.L Hug. on this show? What kind of expertise does this guy posses?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Genx87
Anybody find it interesting 65% of kids are in treatment because of an illegal drug?
Actually, that number, as you used it, is probably 99%, or more. After all, they aren't in "drug and alcohol treatment" for something that is legal for them to obtain... since, you know, none of those substances are legal for them to have.

The statement in the video was actually (paraphrased) "of the children who are in treatment for alcohol and drugs, 65% are in treatment for marijuana."

Anyway... I personally believe that the criminalization of marijuana is ridiculous.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to test physiologically for "being high" during a traffic stop? If not, then at least that is one valid argument against legalization -- one of the very few.

RoloMather

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2008
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: Genx87
Actually, that number, as you used it, is probably 99%, or more. After all, they aren't in "drug and alcohol treatment" for something that is legal for them to obtain... since, you know, none of those substances are legal for them to have.

The statement in the video was actually (paraphrased) "of the children who are in treatment for alcohol and drugs, 65% are in treatment for marijuana."

Anyway... I personally believe that the criminalization of marijuana is ridiculous.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to test physiologically for "being high" during a traffic stop? If not, then at least that is one valid argument against legalization -- one of the very few.

Forced treatment for marijuana possession. That's why that number is so high.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Again, why does the left want to legalize MJ when they want to outlaw smoking, trans fats, SUV's, fast food, etc...

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
Again, why does the left want to legalize MJ when they want to outlaw smoking, trans fats, SUV's, fast food, etc...

I asked that question in a different thread. They are all for banning things they think are evil but attack their magic herb and look out!

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Possessed Freak

I asked that question in a different thread. They are all for banning things they think are evil but attack their magic herb and look out!

Maybe because all of those things are 10x worse than pot? As for the SUV's, fuck that...I love my Mercedes SUV.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Well, the reason why these law enforcement want to keep it illegal is because it's easy to bust pot uses and a lot of revenue come from pot. They know that the war on drugs isn't working but it's keeping these people in jobs.

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: ericlp
Well, the reason why these law enforcement want to keep it illegal is because it's easy to bust pot uses and a lot of revenue come from pot. They know that the war on drugs isn't working but it's keeping these people in jobs.

Exactly.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

This isn't a left vs. right issue but thanks for trolling.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001

The spokesman, who is obese, was talking about how we see people destroying their health with drug abuse. Abusing food is also terrible for your health, maybe he missed that memo?

Originally posted by: Tab3076
I'm more confused, why the hell is D.L Hug. on this show? What kind of expertise does this guy posses?
Were you high when you typed that? :p He is an entertainer, and it is T.V., get it yet?

I love the line the anti guy uses about if you look in one of the cafés in Amsterdam, they are sitting around high. watching cartoons and eating Twinkies. What's his excuse for eating them, food addiction? Addiction is addiction after all. ;)

Dragula22

Jul 9, 2004

I'll bite.

Is there a multi-billion dollar black market supplying illicit products for tobacco, trans fats, SUV's, fast food, etc., that is funding gang wars and violence? No?

Are we chasing our tails trying to enforce something unenforceable and wasting billions along the way?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Dragula22

Is there a multi-billion dollar black market supplying illicit products for tobacco, trans fats, SUV's, fast food, etc., that is funding gang wars and violence? No?

Are we chasing our tails trying to enforce something unenforceable and wasting billions along the way?
I am not so certain that tobacco was a good example, there is a HUGE black market for it.

Dragula22

Jul 9, 2004
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER

The spokesman, who is obese, was talking about how we see people destroying their health with drug abuse. Abusing food is also terrible for your health, maybe he missed that memo?

Lol nice catch. I really am impressed with his hypocrisy.

Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER
Originally posted by: Dragula22

I am not so certain that tobacco was a good example, there is a HUGE black market for it.

Fair enough but I can't imagine it can compare scale wise to the blood money from drugs. And my point on lossed money from criminalization and unsuccessful enforcement still stands.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
I've gone back and forth on this whole legalization thing for awhile now. I'm good with MJ being legal but as far as the others I'm not really sure.

Let's say everything is legal tomorrow. We're taxing the hell out of it and making a 'killing'. What would happen to all of the drug dealers? There source of income is now gone. What would be the next big thing uneducated street dwellers would turn to for cash?

imported_K3N

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2005

cannabis cant kill you , in fact can be used for medical treatments.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
I've gone back and forth on this whole legalization thing for awhile now. I'm good with MJ being legal but as far as the others I'm not really sure.

Let's say everything is legal tomorrow. We're taxing the hell out of it and making a 'killing'. What would happen to all of the drug dealers? There source of income is now gone. What would be the next big thing uneducated street dwellers would turn to for cash?

Who cares? We can't hardly NOT legalize it because drug dealers will be out of work. They will need to get their shit together or continue to fail at life.