LOL @ Hammered Quake Live Servers

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I have successfully registered, but I am now trying to confirm my email address, and all I get is a "loading" screen.

I would have thought they would have been prepared for this.

cpmer

Jan 22, 2005
yeah its getting hammered hard right now. I guess over 70k users are trying to install according to syncerror

cpmer

Jan 22, 2005
queue is up to 30000 and basically the servers are getting a ddos attack because of it which is why the queue system i guess isnt repsonding now

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
So i waited for about an hour, and when i went back to the tab i had a prompt to download the plugin. DL'd, installed...now what? i went back to log in and it put me back in the queue. Is this queue to actually log into the game?

edit: i hope this game isn't ruined by a ridiculous queue every time i want to play...............................................

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
I guess id was not unprepared

funny how there's so much demand for a Q3A rehash which isn't a bad thing, but people love free stuff

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Oh, i didn't realize beta went public today.

I'm getting back into UT3 these days...the browser-based-ness annoys me in Quake Live.

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
This is pissing me off. I play Crash in the placement match, i win, then what? if i go back to website it tells me i didn't play the placement match, and if i try and play another game FF crashes!!!!! i'm on my 4th time in training!!!!

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
Alright, it registered my placement match on the six try. Then i sat there for 25 minutes clicking furiously trying to get into a game, i kept getting either a timeout or server full. I'm going to revisit this in a few days. Not worth the trouble right now.

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
I've been playing Quake Live! for a while now (got a private beta key) but the queues are currently horrid. Just fire up some good ol' Q3A and you're set. The only thing you're essentially missing is having the game be in a window.

nosfe

Aug 8, 2007
The only thing you're essentially missing is having the game be in a window.

well, i'm doing something wrong then because when i alt+enter i tend to go full screen, weird

cpmer

Jan 22, 2005
Originally posted by: jamesbond007 The only thing you're essentially missing is having the game be in a window.

/r_fullscreen 0 for minimized and /r_fullscreen 1 for fullscreen. Also if you're gonna play q3a you might as well download cpma from www.promode.org. It adds a lot of features to the game. They actually hired the guy who made that mod to do all the competitive features in quake live.

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
Originally posted by: nosfe
The only thing you're essentially missing is having the game be in a window.

well, i'm doing something wrong then because when i alt+enter i tend to go full screen, weird

Oh snap! Yeah, you are definitely doing it all wrong. In fact, you should probably just throw your hard disk away. :)

cpmer, thanks for the link. I'll have to try that when I get home. I absolutely love Q3A and excessive servers. I do play OSP stuff here and there, but IMHO, nothing beats a vanilla Q3A Excessive server. :p

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Originally posted by: richierich1212
Lots of people are probably playing this at work haha

Not too long until sysadmins add it to blacklist though.

nosfe

Aug 8, 2007
those 500k+ queues are a bug, if you refresh you'll get a much more reasonable number