LOL, a presidential decree to F-CK

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000
I learned from this informative forum that the F-word is an acronym for Fornicate Under Command of the King. Estonian president just decreed a similar command. But that'd be called FUCP, wouldn't it?

Any volunteer?

EDIT: brxndxn pointed out that it should be under Consent not command as mentioned above.

Link

TALLINN, Estonia - Worried about a declining population, Estonia's president has urged the country's 1.4 million residents to make more babies.

"Let us remember that in just a couple of decades the number of Estonians seeing the New Year will be one-fifth less than today," President Arnold Ruutel said in a speech broadcast live on national television Wednesday.

Estonia's small population is getting smaller by the day, according to statistics from the Social Welfare Ministry.

Estonia registered 16 live births per 1,000 people in the late 1980s when it was under Soviet rule. In 2001, there were just 8.7 live births per 1,000 peoples, the ministry reported. The company declared independence in 1991.

Estonia's economic success may be partly to blame. The pro-Western Baltic Sea coast nation has been held up as model of post-Soviet reform and was one of 10 countries invited to join the European Union (news - web sites) last month.

"Women are postponing having children to look after their education and their careers," said Pirat Laur of the World Health Organization (news - web sites)'s Estonia office.

During the 1980s, the average Estonian woman had her first child when she was 20. As of 2001, the average women having her first child is 28.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I thought it originated in England where people had to get permission...

and it stood for Fornication Under Consent of the King.. and they would hang it on their doors like a 'do not disturb' sign.

Beau

Lifer
Jun 25, 2001
www.beauscott.com
The word fvck comes from colonial times, when someone would be punished for 'prostitution' It was an acronym for the words

'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge'
F.U.C.K. was written on the stocks that held these criminals because For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge was too long to go on the stocks.

Yossarian451

Apr 11, 2002
I had heard it 2 ways, FIrst was Fornication under conscent of King, where you had to get kings permission to have extra martial sex, and the other was just it was refered to as Further ( or for ) understanding of carnal knowledge so people wouldn't be offened by the pun.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
damn you people, fvck is just fvck. all those stories about it are just old wives tales :p

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Are you guys sure? I thought it originated from Ancient Rome after Caesar got raped by Biggus Dickus.....and it stood for:
"Found Up Caesar's Keister".

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
From American Heritage dictonary:

WORD HISTORY: The obscenity f*ck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past. Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, ?Flen flyys,? from the first words of its opening line, ?Flen, flyys, and freris,? that is, ?fleas, flies, and friars.? The line that contains f*ck reads ?Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk.? The Latin words ?Non sunt in coeli, quia,? mean ?they [the friars] are not in heaven, since.? The code ?gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk? is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w. This yields ?fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli.? The whole thus reads in translation: ?They are not in heaven because they f*ck wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge].?

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Peetoeng
I learned from this informative forum that the F-word is an acronym for Fornicate Under Command of the King. Estonian president just decreed a similar command. But that'd be called FUCP, wouldn't it?

Any volunteer?

EDIT: brxndxn pointed out that it should be under Consent not command as mentioned above.

100% False

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Snopes says nothing about Caesar getting raped so that's proof enough for me that I'm right. :D

StinkyMeat

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2001
Middle English, attested in pseudo-Latin fuccant, (they) f-ck, deciphered from gxddbov.]

Word History: The obscenity f-ck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past. Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, ?Flen flyys,? from the first words of its opening line, ?Flen, flyys, and freris,? that is, ?fleas, flies, and friars.? The line that contains f-ck reads ?Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk.? The Latin words ?Non sunt in coeli, quia,? mean ?they [the friars] are not in heaven, since.? The code ?gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk? is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w. This yields ?fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli.? The whole thus reads in translation: ?They are not in heaven because they f-ck wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge].?