Logitech Rebates a Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
So I got a Logitech C910 webcam last week from Amazon and it came with a $20 rebate from Logitech.

I went on their (Logitech) site to download the form again (put a PO Box instead of home address) and not only did I NOT find the form, I found a plethora of complaints from people who had tried to get rebates from Logitech. Apparently, after people sent in all of the required materials in order to process the rebate, they would get a postcard stating the rebate was denied due to an "invalid UPC code". This, in many people's opinions on the Logitech boards, is fraudulent since many of them had indeed sent in the original UPC code along with the rebate form.

So, what's the verdict on these Logitech rebates? Has anyone here tried to get a rebate from them? Any success? With the rebate, the webcam, originally $99.99 would be around $50 which is a really good deal IMO.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
I've always received my Logitech rebates. I believe a while back they had some issues with one of their rebate companies and switched.

edit - search in SlickDeals or FatWallet, I'm sure there is a thread on it and people can provide you with the rebate form.

Last edited:

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Not familiar with the specific case you mention but in my experience Logitech has some of the best customer service in the industry bar none! I suspect that if people's claims were denied it was because they made a mistake.

Having said that mail in rebates are sort of hit or miss with any company. It can take months and months and sometimes you just never get the rebate back.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
thanks a lot for that. I will fill it out and send it in. Hopefully it will go through without any hitch.

Yeah,
Meanwhile the original post stays with a complain in it....
People are quick to complaint and slow to praise.

Oct 20, 2005
Bought a wavepro keyboard from Fry's which came w/ a $25 rebate.

When I checked my status online it showed that it was only processing for $20. I emailed and called and the CSR I spoke with said he would add another $5 rebate to be sent to me. A week later, I checked online and my original mis-priced rebate of $20 was now changed to $25 and the other $5 rebate was also still processed.

Ended up getting $30 rebate instead of $25. :D

NoCreativity

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008
So I got a Logitech C910 webcam last week from Amazon and it came with a $20 rebate from Logitech.

I went on their (Logitech) site to download the form again (put a PO Box instead of home address) and not only did I NOT find the form, I found a plethora of complaints from people who had tried to get rebates from Logitech. Apparently, after people sent in all of the required materials in order to process the rebate, they would get a postcard stating the rebate was denied due to an "invalid UPC code". This, in many people's opinions on the Logitech boards, is fraudulent since many of them had indeed sent in the original UPC code along with the rebate form.

So, what's the verdict on these Logitech rebates? Has anyone here tried to get a rebate from them? Any success? With the rebate, the webcam, originally $99.99 would be around $50 which is a really good deal IMO.

I think this is pretty standard operating procedure for most rebates, especially if they get more submissions than expected. Had it happen to me (ATI), called up and within 10 minutes they magically found what was missing and processed my rebate. Just another way to weed out more people who aren't persistent.

Never had issue with Logitech but it's been a few years since I have done a rebate with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.