Logitech G5 24.99 at Buy.com

HarvardAce

Mar 3, 2005
I have the mouse, and it is a great gaming mouse, with one exception: the location of the sensitivity increase/decrease buttons. The buttons to increase and decrease sensitivity are right above and below the mousewheel and I sometimes click them accidentally. It's not a huge issue, as I can just click the opposite button, but it is annoying when I'm in the middle of a round of CS:S and all of a sudden a full mousepad's worth of moving changes my aim by about 2 degrees.

JakeEnvy

Jun 10, 2005
speaking of this mouse, anyone have any preference on the whole weight system? personally i dont think id notice a difference even if i tried so i just loaded it up with the heavier weights.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
I just got this on the last deal ($25 from dell.com) and have been playing with it for a few days. In general I really like it, though it took some tweaking of the software before it worked best for me (I had issues with the dpi changing). I am still deciding between it and my old MS intellimouse optical. I like the feel of the optical better but the G5 does have one more button. Well, it actually has one less button but the tilt wheel can be used as two buttons so it works better for me.

The weight system seems more like a gimmek to me. I just removed the whole tray and like the feeling of a lighter mouse better but I'm sure there are those who prefer it way heavy.

My only wish was that it was the new two button G5, then I would have had two more buttons over my old mouse which would have been awesome.

Coolone

Aug 18, 2001
Originally posted by: JakeEnvy
speaking of this mouse, anyone have any preference on the whole weight system? personally i dont think id notice a difference even if i tried so i just loaded it up with the heavier weights.

I love the weight system. I generally like a lighter mouse, its just easier for me to control. I have a 4.5g, and 2 1.7 g weights in there right now