Logitech G27 black friday deals?

mrwindta

Jul 29, 2013
Should i wait until black friday before purchasing a logitech g27?
Also, do you think its worth the purchase for the upcoming game "The Crew"?
As i never owned a race wheel and curious as how much more enjoyable the experience is with one, especially for $200+.

Last edited:

nitrous9200

Mar 1, 2007
I was intrigued by the recent price drops on the G27 to $199, because I haven't had a racing wheel since my very old Logitech Wingman one bit the dust many years ago.
The thing that's stopping me is that the G27 appears to have a lot of issues, as do most wheels, apparently.

Maybe these are overblown on forums, but the problems with the steering wheel sensor, the gear shift, and the pedal potentiometers really put me off.
Why spend that kind of money on a product that has been out for five years and still has these design flaws?

I'm not a hardcore sim racer, but I want to be able to play games like Dirt2/3, Grid, various NFS versions and possibly GT3 on the PS2 with something other than a gamepad.
It seems like my choices are either sub $100 wheels that are not worth the money or expensive stuff like the G27 that will just break.

Are there any simple, decent quality wheels that won't break the bank (maybe around $100)?

ronopp

Dec 2, 2002
I spent around $300 about 8 years ago on a TSW wheel and am still using it. The only part to replace are the potentiometers maybe once a year if you would use it every day.

nitrous9200

Mar 1, 2007
Not long after posting that, I found that Amazon Warehouse Deals was selling the DFGT for just over $100, so I've got one of those on the way (thank you Prime).
As long as it works properly, it should be perfect for my use. Thanks for the suggestion.