Logan's Run thread:10-1-06 Boy that got first Microchip in Florida now 18, dies in Motorcycle wreck

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I can't find my Logan's Run thread again so here starts another.

As we migrate from a free Republic to the Authortarian type dictatorship through genius marketing (brainwashing) techniques there is articles related to the subject.

A little background on the movie Logan's Run: the people were so brainwashed that they did not even realize that Carousel meant their death at 35 yrs old to control population count.

A chip in their hand turned from blue to red indicating it is their time to report to Carousel.

There is a new re-make of the movie coming out soon.

Anyway here is a related story I posted a while back.

The kid that got his family to install Logan's Run type chips has died at 18.

10-1-2006 Teen with medical microchip dies in Fla.

BOCA RATON, Fla. - A teen engineering prodigy who gained national attention in 2002 when he and his family received identification chip implants on live television was killed in a motorcycle accident, authorities said.

"It was just a crazy accident of a bump or something, and he was catapulted," said his mother, Leslie Jacobs. "He had, of course, potential, because he was brilliant, and he was just a wonderful son. He wanted to make a difference in the world."

At age 12, Derek became certified by Microsoft as a systems engineer. He was qualified to run corporate computer networks.

Two years later, he and his family had identity chips implanted on live television. They were the first family to get VeriChip IDs, made by Applied Digital Solutions.

Derek pushed his parents to look into the chips as a way to help store medical information for his father, who suffered a host of health problems, including cancer.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
I'm glad that someone that can't even get the basic facts of the movie he is using to compare to is watching over all of us:

A little background on the movie Logan's Run: the people were so brainwashed that they did not even realize that Carousel meant their death at 35 yrs old to control population count.

The age limit in the movie is 30 and the novel is 21.

A chip in their hand turned from blue to red indicating it is their time to report to Carousel.

The signal that it is "last day" is the red crystal starts blinking red to black.

Michael

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Systems engineer at 12, dead at 18, obviously this is more like Blade Runner, and the kid was as replicant and his time had run out. His "death" was just faked to make us believe he died of natural causes.

BTW: The Logan's Run remake came out and was called The Island. Although some say there will be another remake.. hmmmm... and The Island was not a total remake, just shared a lot of the same ideas.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Im confused, does this thread have a point except that some kid died? I dont see any link to the movie, or any relevance that hte kid had a microchip implanted in him.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Computer identity chips will allow us to track and monitor every human being and eliminate the anonymity that permits crime. Big Brother is our friend and savor, no? It will be just like living in a small town where everybody knows everything about you. We will not be or feel alone.

jrenz

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Nothing to see here... the usual fear-mongering from Dave, along with some philosophical gibberish from Moony. Business as usual.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
I still can't tell whether Moonbeam is ever serious of not, he always posts things that sounds like hes joking, but then maybe hes serious?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: BrownTown
I still can't tell whether Moonbeam is ever serious of not, he always posts things that sounds like hes joking, but then maybe hes serious?

Like most things, whether they are good of evil depends on how they are put to use and what kinds of safeguards are in place. There is no doubt in my mind that crime will pretty much end when anybody who commits it can be discovered. That discovery can be made very possible with total monitoring by computers. Who knows what the world would be like filled with people itching to sin but who can't because they would be instantly identified. And lots of people are infected by insane notions from religion like the mark of the beast. I find it fascinating to probe areas where people are clearly irrational. You may be so paranoid about what you think is your personal right to privacy that it will be fine with you that others get away with murder. I wonder about these absolutist views.

Jun 27, 2005
I was 11 before I had a social security number. It'll be a loooong while before I have a chip in me.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Like most things, whether they are good of evil depends on how they are put to use and what kinds of safeguards are in place. There is no doubt in my mind that crime will pretty much end when anybody who commits it can be discovered. That discovery can be made very possible with total monitoring by computers. Who knows what the world would be like filled with people itching to sin but who can't because they would be instantly identified. And lots of people are infected by insane notions from religion like the mark of the beast. I find it fascinating to probe areas where people are clearly irrational. You may be so paranoid about what you think is your personal right to privacy that it will be fine with you that others get away with murder. I wonder about these absolutist views.

I think basically the problem is that you always talk like your stoned 24/7. I mean don't take that as an insult, but your posts sound like your a philosophy major on pot. Personally I have nothing wrong with RFID tags in people, and I don't think they are gonna be used to track people down. And I have never seen anyone suggest that everyoen should be tagged. Now I guess in some dystopian universe like the one mention by the origional poster its possible that some government could force this down on us. But in reality that will never happen since people will not let it happen. The only place I see it being a problem is something like tagging child molesters (since making laws again child molesters seems to be a big thing nowadays).

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I think basically the problem is that you always talk like your stoned 24/7. I mean don't take that as an insult, but your posts sound like your a philosophy major on pot. Personally I have nothing wrong with RFID tags in people, and I don't think they are gonna be used to track people down. And I have never seen anyone suggest that everyoen should be tagged. Now I guess in some dystopian universe like the one mention by the origional poster its possible that some government could force this down on us. But in reality that will never happen since people will not let it happen. The only place I see it being a problem is something like tagging child molesters (since making laws again child molesters seems to be a big thing nowadays).

Perhaps what you see in me says more about you than it does about me. I don't take drugs and I know nothing much about philosophy but why would either of those be for you a problem? Maybe I can see things you cannot and the adumbration of that invisible reality creates troubling perturbations in your unconscious mind.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Computer identity chips will allow us to track and monitor every human being and eliminate the anonymity that permits crime. Big Brother is our friend and savor, no? It will be just like living in a small town where everybody knows everything about you. We will not be or feel alone.

Sadly I have contributed to this by installing the technology making it possible :(

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Sadly I have contributed to this by installing the technology making it possible :(

Dmcowen, a republican at heart. Doesn't matter what happens, as long as he gets paid.
I agree with you on certain issues, but you have to be one of the most hypocritical posters on this board. You have no problem helping lead to the destruction of the US as long as the check in in the mail every other Friday it seems. Perhaps before you call on Americans to wake up you should do it yourself.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: RichardE

Dmcowen, a republican at heart. Doesn't matter what happens, as long as he gets paid.
I agree with you on certain issues, but you have to be one of the most hypocritical posters on this board. You have no problem helping lead to the destruction of the US as long as the check in in the mail every other Friday it seems. Perhaps before you call on Americans to wake up you should do it yourself.

I don't know if you noticed or not but he told you he used to install the technology, or actually he told me. Normally when people confess things and put a :( behind it they aren't real proud of it. It's not like you somehow ferreted this information out via some special acumen of your own. Generally speaking when people admit to things they aren't proud of others with the exception of maybe sociopaths, tend to look on with approbation for their regret, insight, and improved moral vision. You will find it almost impossible for yourself to ever admit to being wrong when your tendency is to crucify others when they do, because you will naturally anticipate that others will treat you as you treat others. You may make a prison for yourself from which escape is not possible.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Such a genius and he can't figure out the fact that motorcycles are dangerous.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE

I don't know if you noticed or not but he told you he used to install the technology, or actually he told me. Normally when people confess things and put a :( behind it they aren't real proud of it. It's not like you somehow ferreted this information out via some special acumen of your own. Generally speaking when people admit to things they aren't proud of others with the exception of maybe sociopaths, tend to look on with approbation for their regret, insight, and improved moral vision. You will find it almost impossible for yourself to ever admit to being wrong when your tendency is to crucify others when they do, because you will naturally anticipate that others will treat you as you treat others. You may make a prison for yourself from which escape is not possible.

I am making this post not just based on this one post Moonbeam, but multiple ones including when he admitted that he is installing technology in regards to monitoring of US citizens. You are right though, I did miss the tense in which he put it in. If he is indeed not doing this anymore than I apologize.

imported_michaelpatrick33

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Well thank God we have you Dave to seperate the truth from government hypnotism.

:laugh:

I have to go with Pabster on this one :laugh:

What in the name of Jesus, Mary and Joseph does a brilliant kid getting a medical microchip have to do with Repbulicans or dictatorships other than some 666 mark of the beat/GWB linkage that is almost as ridiculous as Bobby Brown in rehab.

imported_michaelpatrick33

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
I was 11 before I had a social security number. It'll be a loooong while before I have a chip in me.

Dcowen wil tell you that the vaccines you have gotten actually contain nanites that already track you ;) Trust me Big Brother is watching you already.

Looks nervously around ... the walls ... the have chips in the walls ... dang satellite is overhead again I can hear the hum of their high frequency antenna through a Navy relay station in Alaska. They are ...

Are you still there? They are coming for you. I call them ... Transmutators. They will look for a puncture spot on the back of your neck and implant a slug into your ear to control you.

Be wary of the walking Dude. He hears the agonies of women giving birth with a grin that makes the wolves howl and snarl and he works for the Man. The pig. The international corporation that is based in ...

Who's that? Who's out there?

Is there anybody out there? Are you naked and sitting by the phone?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFFHFHFHFHGHGHHGHGGHGHHG

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I blame his parents for buying him a motorcycle, they are dangerous, especially for inexperienced riders. There are very few 18 year olds that can handle the responsibility.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
What they'll do these days to keep kids from riding the Carousel before they reach the ripe old age . . .

Don't sneek onto this ride - stay with your murdercycle

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Wow turning a tragedy into a political issue despite the obvious irrelevance of the chip to his accident. :thumbsup: