lockup after 3-5 web pages

drchickenman

Nov 12, 2001
I've just built a new rig and when I get on the web, it locks up after just a couple of pages. I've tried all kinds of stuff. Finally set up a hard drive on my old computer and it did fine on the web. I put it in my new rig and it did the same thing. I know it's no the video card cause I ran it for several months in my old machine with no probs. I tried connecting directly to my cable modem and tried connecting with a USB adapter and always got the same results. I am using a soyo dragon + and was wondering if there is some bios setting I missed. In case you're wondering - same result with IE and Netscape. This is thge weirdest thing I've ever seen! BTW - usin gthe ba2 bios.:confused:

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
you can try checking your graphics aperature size in your bios and make it bigger
also make sure your virtual memory isn't disabled by right clicking my computer and selecting properties and going from there
if all that fails maybe try updating your drivers
could be the modem or nic drivers depending on what kinda internet you use
maybe even update your 4 in 1 drivers if you use a via chipset
also make sure there are no hardware conflicts in device manager
also if you have win2k or winxp you might have issues with acpi because it puts all devices on one irq and if the devices/drivers aren't fully acpi compliant you can have issues
well i hope this stuff can get you somewhere
also try posting in the help section of this forum next time instead of this one __some__ people get mad heh
good luck

kmike75

Jul 16, 2000
I had a problem like this and solved it by moving my modem to a different pci slot.