Local & FOX News have most trusted coverage according to new Q poll

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
an unnoticed law that went ignored and unenforced until a lawyer picked it up in a move to abolish it?

this is weak, even for you.

How many laws are still on the books in Colorado that forbid your horse from pissing in public?

Not sure about pissing in public, and I'm sure there are old laws that made sense at the time that are still on the books. But the mere fact San Fran. had a law like that just shows how Liberal bat shit crazy they were and still are.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
and yes, John, you are brainwashed. You claim to have switched over completely due to 9-11, and due to how great Fox was at the time--this means you bought into the fear, the false patriotism, the ultra-nationalization of our coiuntry and quick-fire erosion of personal liberties, all in the name of stopping the scary brown people way over there.

Yes, you are brain washed if you think Fox was the only one doing it right at the time. They were, and remain, the voicebox of fear and blind loyalty for the woefully uninformed, easily-duped small minded simpletons.

And no, MSNBC isn't any better, mind you.

The fact you are not acknowledging the threat we face in the 21st century just shows your lack of intellect. It's not about "brown" people as you stupidly put it. Who attacked us on 9/11? Asians? Not all Muslims are terrorists, but they are. :/ But I digress. That is NOT why I chose to watch Fox. I said, and I can't believe you missed this part, 'I watch Fox because they validate what I'm thinking.' Which encompass politics and news relevant for the day.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
You forgot the apostrophe. I can play word police too despite my shity grammar skills.

Are ... are you retarded? Sorry, developmentally disabled I mean. He used the plural form of a word, not the possessive. Therefore no apostrophe is necessary. You also misspelled "shitty". It would have two t's.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Are ... are you retarded? Sorry, developmentally disabled I mean. He used the plural form of a word, not the possessive. Therefore no apostrophe is necessary. You also misspelled "shitty". It would have two t's.

He typed " But I digress" in the post above
Only smart people type that

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You forgot the apostrophe. I can play word police too despite my shity grammar skills.

I don't understand this "culture war" thing you speak of. True, there is a culture war, but my saying there should be a common sense party is based in The Constitution. Not this culture war thing you injected. For far too long the government has been abridging our Constitutional rights. Look no further then the blood sucking NSA who as of late has been shown by the court to be out of hand. Yet there are some republicans who support it full fledged be damned of the privacy of the U.S. citizen.

But that's just one point. Common sense is something you are born with. You certainly won't learn it at Standford, Harvard, UCLA or even Oxford. many college students probably didn't know last month was the 240th anniversary of Paul Revere's midnight ride. That's just one instance out of many I know most college students don't know. They probably couldn't even name their state senator. And how many actually contact them? I have many times. I even signed White House petitions. No, they would rather get drunk and smoke pot on a beach in Florida. Common sense is out the window and I can guarandamntee they have no clue who Thomas Paine was. The culture IS changing and there is a war, but we had all better wake up.

That was some pretty sweet self ownage there.

I imagine that a pretty good percentage of Harvard and Stanford types know who Thomas Paine was simply because it's the kind of stupid historical trivia that high aptitude students tend to be good at. Regardless, it doesn't really matter.

Knowing the name of your state senator or calling them means nothing more than you have access to google and a phone. It is not indicative of any understanding, and from the stories my friends who have interned at these offices, it's pretty clear that a good percentage of people who are calling their congressmen are stupid and/or fucking crazy.

I doubt you have much understanding of Paine, and frankly most of Common Sense has little to no bearing on our current situation anyway. You listen to right wing media because, in your own words, it validates what you think. That says it all.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The fact you are not acknowledging the threat we face in the 21st century just shows your lack of intellect. It's not about "brown" people as you stupidly put it. Who attacked us on 9/11? Asians? Not all Muslims are terrorists, but they are. :/ But I digress. That is NOT why I chose to watch Fox. I said, and I can't believe you missed this part, 'I watch Fox because they validate what I'm thinking.' Which encompass politics and news relevant for the day.

That's twice you've said that Fox News tells you what you want to hear the way you want to hear it which must be the truth because it confirms your bias.

It's Colbert's Truthiness, not that sufferers of the condition will ever figure out what it means to have it.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Actually, a lot of "the left" have Jon Stewart as a major source of their daily news intake. And correct me if I'm wrong, Jon Stewart's show is on Cable TV :D

Otherwise, unfortunately this subsegment of the left that does the above, does not frequent this particular corner of the internet :p

People have opinions on everything. Unless it is a person's specific job to research news, or a specific story has major impact on one's life to need to be right about, people don't cross-reference multiple news sources of varying biases, it's too time-consuming for such little end-result. Don't even try to claim people here do so with regularity.

The times I have viewed him are when others have linked to something he has said here. I am keenly aware his show is a comedy show and not news. Most others I know feel the same way.

As for taking the time to use Google news and clicking on a few different news sources when a story comes out, it really isn't all that time consuming. Though I don't expect most people do that especially those who would rather have it spoon fed to them by clicking over to CNN, MSNBC, or Fox instead.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've seen enough of your posts that I'm pretty confident in my assessment.

But yes, not knowing how to spell the name of the person who you claim to base your political philosophy off of is pretty telling, and when combined with the rest of your posts it just acts as further evidence that you're largely ignorant of what you're talking about and instead prefer the culture war aspect of things.

Your a goddamned no nothing as evidenced by you're lack of apostrophe's.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
That was some pretty sweet self ownage there.

I imagine that a pretty good percentage of Harvard and Stanford types know who Thomas Paine was simply because it's the kind of stupid historical trivia that high aptitude students tend to be good at. Regardless, it doesn't really matter.

Knowing the name of your state senator or calling them means nothing more than you have access to google and a phone. It is not indicative of any understanding, and from the stories my friends who have interned at these offices, it's pretty clear that a good percentage of people who are calling their congressmen are stupid and/or fucking crazy.

I doubt you have much understanding of Paine, and frankly most of Common Sense has little to no bearing on our current situation anyway. You listen to right wing media because, in your own words, it validates what you think. That says it all.

So tell me something since I have been living under a rock for so long. Are Congressmen not considered policy makers anymore? Are they just figure heads trumped up by the media and voted for by the sheeple? Revolutionary wars have been created for far less. I mean I guess it's not important to know who creates the laws that govern you in this century anymore. Who cares!

Now be a good gent and dose your hemorrhoids with some warm lager fresh from the Green Dragon Tavern because you-are-butt-hurt!

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
So tell me something since I have been living under a rock for so long. Are Congressmen not considered policy makers anymore? Are they just figure heads trumped up by the media and voted for by the sheeple? Revolutionary wars have been created for far less. I mean I guess it's not important to know who creates the laws that govern you in this century anymore. Who cares!

Now be a good gent and dose your hemorrhoids with some warm lager fresh from the Green Dragon Tavern because you-are-butt-hurt!

I've found the perfect thing to help you out. You're welcome.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Fox News being #1 falls in line with....

why Honey Boo-Boo was so popular

loyal Fox Viewers in almost every poll are the most misinformed.

and a diet made up of predominately the #1 restaurant in the country is completely unhealthy

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
comparing fox news to cnn and msnbc is comparing poop, poop, and poop. Its all poop.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
comparing fox news to cnn and msnbc is comparing poop, poop, and poop. Its all poop.

Conservatives seem to routinely deflect their unwavering devotion to FoxNews by pointing to msnbc, under the misguided assumption that liberals have a cable news counterpart they flock to en masse like conservatives do. How many times do you see panelists on the other networks constantly sew mistrust towards any network that is not their own, ala the constant skepticism Fox directs towards the "mainstream media", which is ironic given Fox's ratings? I have many times attempted to debate with my avid Fox News viewing friends, but the challenge is that they quickly dismiss any data sourced from outside their reality bubble, which consists of only Fox News, and various right wing sites like drudge or breitbart. If that is not the classic definition of brainwashing, then I dont know what is.