loan from a bank......best way?

shinzwei

Banned
Jul 5, 2004
whats the best way i can get a loan from my bank? i dont have any credit or little credit.......whats the best method of getting a loan for 1500 from my bank?

RGUN

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2005
Get a Personal Line of Credit? I needed a loan recently for a purchase and walked into my bank (granted Ive been banking there for 16 years) and asked for a loan, 10 minutes later I was out with a fairly significant PLC.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Facemask, gun, note. They will probably give you a bigger loan if you use all three correctly too!

shinzwei

Banned
Jul 5, 2004
well im in debt for about 1500 alittle less....and want to pay them all off at one time and owe only the bank......

Kwaipie

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2005
I would personally go to a credit union over a bank. $1500 is small potatoes though. You should have no problem if you have nothing that hugely derogatory. You could even say you want a debt consolidation loan.

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
Just go talk to them, its their job to lend money to people ;) But for the love of all things holy dont go to one of those check or car title cashing places.

shinzwei

Banned
Jul 5, 2004
what should i say? i have a 1500$ debt and was wondering if you guys would give me a loan?

shinzwei

Banned
Jul 5, 2004
so its better for me to go to a credit union then a bank? can someone name some v=credit unions?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Credit unions are a little better than banks when it comes to small loans like this because they tend to be a bit less conservative with their lending policies. Really this varies from institution to institution though. Your best bet is to go to wherever you keep your accounts now and see what they can do. If you are even able to get the loan you're looking for, whoever gets it is going to want your checking business at the very minimum. If you don't have anything like that to offer, your chances are gonna be be slim.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Go to the bank where you have your checking/savings accounts.

Say you want to talk with someone about a personal loan. When they sit you down with someone, tell that person you want to apply for a personal loan. They'll ask how much, for how long, and what you want the money for. Tell them $1500, for X months (keep it to 12 months or less - 6 is better) and you want the money to get some furniture.

They'll look at your banking records and credit records and make a decision (but not on the spot). If they tell you no, ask politely what was the reason. But I think they will say yes, if you've been a customer for a while and have not screwed up on your checking account.