LMAO. McCain makes big gaffe.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
This is McCain's Dean scream, he's done.
Once this makes the rounds at the networks, McCain's senility will be solidified in voter's minds.

No, its not a big deal. You try making speaches and literally talking and emoting like that all day every day, most of it televised and make zero mistakes. Now try it at age 73

give the ol' boy a break. =)
Yep, it's not as if he's an ignorant airhead like his running mate. He's pretty sharp, a bit cranky though.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Once this makes the rounds at the networks, McCain's senility will be solidified in voter's minds.

Don't forget to spread the word to all 57 states, or do we only savagely attack one particular party and are raging zealots for the other?

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Butterbean
He was thinking as if flunky Marxist Obama and his radical buddies win. It was Jungian symbolic moment.

I'm sorry - I was too busy having sex with other men. What was that?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Don't forget to spread the word to all 57 states, or do we only savagely attack one particular party and are raging zealots for the other?
Kind of like you?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: chess9
Originally posted by: Thegonagle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYFm5kK4f1k 13 seconds.

Oh no. This is not good. Sarah Palin caught it, stopped smiling for a minute.

Oh, no, McCain tells the truth!

A Freudian Slip?

Old age meets the Naked Truth?

-Robert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw

Oh, no, Obama tells the truth!

A Freudian slip?

Of course, it doesn't work both ways does it? Both are bullshit mistakes but its funny watching people play up one or the other, depending on what club they happen to be in.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
Manchurian Candidate is kicking in a few weeks early?
That was the first joke that came to mind when I saw that clip.

Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Hey campaigning is real stressful for a guy of his advanced age, almost as stressful as being President.
He looks bad, and I would very much like to hear what his physicians opinions are, on his current over all state of health, and not just physical either. If he was a hale and hearty 72, then fine, but he isn't.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Darwin333

A Freudian Slip?

-Robert

A Freudian slip?

Of course, it doesn't work both ways does it? Both are bullshit mistakes but its funny watching people play up one or the other, depending on what club they happen to be in.

If you listen to Obama's comment (there are more videos, but that's the first one I found) in full context, his statement is perfectly clear.

I don't see how McCain's comment can be taken in any other context, but I'd be happy to find out to the contrary.

And really, though I know people don't like to play the role of apologist, I will: Gaffes happen, and to me they don't represent anything other than an inevitable failure to regurgitate the same messages, day in and day out, for the duration of a campaign. This goes for anyone.

So, McCain's gaffe, while funny, to me is a nonevent. Same with Obama's gaffes. The fact that so many people make issue of this shows the mediocrity of the American intellect when it comes to the comprehension of issues.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
Originally posted by: Sacrilege

You may think McCain is senile, but remember: All blacks are senile and crazy, in their wide-eyed, frothing mouth hatred of all things White and Good.

The underlying principle is one of the major reasons people won't vote for Obama:

He is black, and blacks have a racist ax to grind against all whites. Giving a black the presidency would send the wrong message and Obama would punish whites.

Get your racist ass off my forum.

While you vote for McCain :confused:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
CNN just featured this slip.

Bet you won't find it on FOX, Rush or Hannity.
I wouldn't doubt it'll show up, just with positive spin.

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
I just hope he doesn't go over to Germany or the UK and starts calling other heads of states 'my fellow prisoners'.

As for PJs 57 states rebuttal..... I would rather someone say we passed a 700 million instead of billion dollar bill than call someone prisoner.

McCain should have been pres from 2000-2008, I think his mind is much past his prime.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Farang
That is a weird one. He wasn't even talking about anything relating to prisoners.

I am 110% convinced the guy has Alzheimers.

His brain has gone back 40 years.

Show me a brain scan proving me wrong.

ah, I see you went to the prestigious Bill Frist/Terri Schiavo School of Medial Diagnostics.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Descartes
Originally posted by: Darwin333

A Freudian Slip?

-Robert

A Freudian slip?

If you listen to Obama's comment (there are more videos, but that's the first one I found) in full context, his statement is perfectly clear.

I don't see how McCain's comment can be taken in any other context, but I'd be happy to find out to the contrary.

And really, though I know people don't like to play the role of apologist, I will: Gaffes happen, and to me they don't represent anything other than an inevitable failure to regurgitate the same messages, day in and day out, for the duration of a campaign. This goes for anyone.

So, McCain's gaffe, while funny, to me is a nonevent. Same with Obama's gaffes. The fact that so many people make issue of this shows the mediocrity of the American intellect when it comes to the comprehension of issues.

That was the intent of my original point. We are in complete agreement.

L00PY

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by: frostedflakes
Would be nice to have a bit more context with the clip...
A little more can be seen in an extended version of the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4FADXTI-vc

Transcript of McCain's words:
"You and I together will confront the 10 trillion dollar debt that the Federal government has run up and balance the Federal budget by the end of my term in office."

[McCain pauses - Audience cheers loudly]

"Across this country this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners and the same standards of clarity and candor must now be applied to my opponent."

[McCain pauses - Audience dumbfounded by prisoners gaffe]

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Damn it all to hell!!!

I bit on a soundbite! :(

I listened to that clip and immediately thought, "WOW, did he mess up! He's gone senile!"

I just listened to it again and the poster of that clip clearly took that out of context to trick people into the reaction that I originally had. I know why none of the networks are picking up on this "controversy". It is because there isn't one.

McCain appears to have been making a point of what he was telling his "fellow prisoners" as a POW and then is stating that he is telling Obama the same.

IOW: Move along folks. There is nothing to see here.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You may think McCain is senile, but remember: All blacks are senile and crazy, in their wide-eyed, frothing mouth hatred of all things White and Good.

And Obama is black.

Only half though.. McCain is 100% old and senile.

You may laugh at my sarcastic comment, but the underlying principle is one of the major reasons people won't vote for Obama:

He is black, and blacks have a racist ax to grind against all whites. Giving a black the presidency would send the wrong message and Obama would punish whites. Also, Michelle Obama and her racial divisiveness are a perhaps stronger argument. It seems that both candidates have problems with women close to them.

Wow. I thought your first comment might be tongue in cheek but I guess not. You're a fucking tool.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Nope. You could use that defense if so many of the anti-Obama posters on this very forum didn't attack him on the 57 states comment. I think this 'gaffe' is being blown out of proportion but so is everything else in this election.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
That is a weird one. He wasn't even talking about anything relating to prisoners.

I am 110% convinced the guy has Alzheimers.

His brain has gone back 40 years.

Show me a brain scan proving me wrong.

Just check his medical records. ;)

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
Damn it all to hell!!!

I bit on a soundbite! :(

I listened to that clip and immediately thought, "WOW, did he mess up! He's gone senile!"

I just listened to it again and the poster of that clip clearly took that out of context to trick people into the reaction that I originally had. I know why none of the networks are picking up on this "controversy". It is because there isn't one.

McCain appears to have been making a point of what he was telling his "fellow prisoners" as a POW and then is stating that he is telling Obama the same.

IOW: Move along folks. There is nothing to see here.

I can't believe that I am resorting to quoting my own post to get those that have an inability to look up at previous posts to take notice.

McCain may truly be senile, but this clip is not evidence of it.

:(

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: retrospooty

No, its not a big deal. You try making speaches and literally talking and emoting like that all day every day, most of it televised and make zero mistakes. Now try it at age 73

give the ol' boy a break. =)
Yep, it's not as if he's an ignorant airhead like his running mate. He's pretty sharp, a bit cranky though.
I'm for giving him the break he deserves: a highball and a rocking chair, not the POTUSA. And his "ignorant airhead" running mate should be shipped back to Alaska, postage due.

sprok

Mar 10, 2008
I have to say, it's not as bad when some guy at a Dem rally introduced John McCain as the next VP instead of Joe Biden.