LMAO. McCain makes big gaffe.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
This is McCain's Dean scream, he's done.
Once this makes the rounds at the networks, McCain's senility will be solidified in voter's minds.

If so, it is the direct result of the kind of the stage managed and controlled campaigns and "debates" in which so little unfiltered information about who the candidate really is and what they really stand for ever comes out that we, the poor, starved information consumers, stumble through a Potemkin village of false fronts and vague banalities desperately searching for one true crumb of info.

Ergo . . .

McCain makes a slip and we're on it like a bum on baloney.

But it's just sound and fury, signifying nothing . . . or little.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Well, he did say "wise and beautiful woman" when he was talking about "credit cards".

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: her209
Well, he did say "wise and beautiful woman" when he was talking about "credit cards".

Next speech

My fellow cvnts....

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Once this makes the rounds at the networks, McCain's senility will be solidified in voter's minds.
Just like Obama talking about 57 states doomed him right?? :roll:

Madwand1

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2006
Shame on you, opportunistic democrats, for jumping on this slip.

McCain's mind is in part in the military and his brutal past, and that much is obvious to anyone who sees, and understandable, but jumping on such trivialities is cheapening the entire discussion and keeping the politicians hiding in their safe zones cowering from outcries instead of holding meaningful intelligent discussions as if with adults.

This you accuse the others of, and rightly so, so you should not do.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Madwand1

McCain's mind is in part in the military and his brutal past, and that much is obvious to anyone who sees, and understandable, but jumping on such trivialities is cheapening the entire discussion and keeping the politicians hiding in their safe zones cowering from outcries instead of holding meaningful intelligent discussions as if with adults.

Sure, it sucks and we feel bad for him, you don't get to be POTUS on pity though and Im not sure why you want a guy elected that has this many emotional issues. If he had that many issues with his past that he can't function normally and at a level required of a POTUS than he should not be running, period.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Send that message to McCain's running mate as well...

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
You may think McCain is senile, but remember: All blacks are senile and crazy, in their wide-eyed, frothing mouth hatred of all things White and Good.

And Obama is black.

Madwand1

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2006
Originally posted by: RichardE
Im not sure why you want a guy elected that has this many emotional issues.

I didn't mean that I wanted him elected, I meant that you shouldn't cheapen the discussion by trying to make grandiose, childish claims on nothing more than a slip of tongue.

Attack him on being too military-minded? Sure, go ahead and demonstrate the guts to do that. There is probably a lot more substantive material for that.

But this is a cheap shot, and you should know better. If you don't, then sorry, maybe I'm asking too much of you.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Sacrilege
You may think McCain is senile, but remember: All blacks are senile and crazy, in their wide-eyed, frothing mouth hatred of all things White and Good.

And Obama is black.

Only half though.. McCain is 100% old and senile.

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Farang

And Obama is black.

You may laugh at my sarcastic comment, but the underlying principle is one of the major reasons people won't vote for Obama:

He is black, and blacks have a racist ax to grind against all whites. Giving a black the presidency would send the wrong message and Obama would punish whites. Also, Michelle Obama and her racial divisiveness are a perhaps stronger argument. It seems that both candidates have problems with women close to them.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

And Obama is black.

You may laugh at my sarcastic comment, but the underlying principle is one of the major reasons people won't vote for Obama:

He is black, and blacks have a racist ax to grind against all whites. Giving a black the presidency would send the wrong message and Obama would punish whites. Also, Michelle Obama and her racial divisiveness are a perhaps stronger argument. It seems that both candidates have problems with women close to them.

Madwand1 - is this the leading by example you mean?

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004

The underlying principle is one of the major reasons people won't vote for Obama:

He is black, and blacks have a racist ax to grind against all whites. Giving a black the presidency would send the wrong message and Obama would punish whites.

Get your racist ass off my forum.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Butterbean
He was thinking as if flunky Marxist Obama and his radical buddies win. It was Jungian symbolic moment.

Way too complex. His unconscious was simply expressing what it is to be a prisoner of Republican delusions, prisoners of a dead end past.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE
Im not sure why you want a guy elected that has this many emotional issues.

I didn't mean that I wanted him elected, I meant that you shouldn't cheapen the discussion by trying to make grandiose, childish claims on nothing more than a slip of tongue.

Attack him on being too military-minded? Sure, go ahead and demonstrate the guts to do that. There is probably a lot more substantive material for that.

But this is a cheap shot, and you should know better. If you don't, then sorry, maybe I'm asking too much of you.

Its not attacking him on being too military-minded, its question whether someone who has flashbacks as he does in relatively stress free environments, how such a person will react when having to face down Islam, Russia, China, or even a bunch of bankers. Sorry he was taking prisoner and tortured, but these are valid questions and should not be dismissed because you feel sorry for the guy.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

And Obama is black.

White people have the white mans burden as well where we would sacrifice our lives in order for minorities to overcome there burdens, because of this white people will vote for Obama

:roll: isn't it funny how circular racist arguments can become

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Hey campaigning is real stressful for a guy of his advanced age, almost as stressful as being President.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

No, its not a big deal. You try making speaches and literally talking and emoting like that all day every day, most of it televised and make zero mistakes. Now try it at age 73

give the ol' boy a break. =)