LMAO just saw a snow plow

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Red Squirrel, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel Lifer

There's like not even an inch of snow on the ground. In fact any paved or concrete surface it's mostly just melting since it's been warm out. This is hilarious. I don't understand my city's use of taxes sometimes. :confused: Piss off to see money spent so foolishly though but can't help but laugh.

2. Veliko

Veliko Diamond Member

Are you sure it wasn't a picture on the wall?

Perhaps you were looking into the window of an electronics shop. Those big HDTVs can be confusing sometimes. I once saw a mermaid!

3. AstroManLuca

AstroManLuca Lifer

Laying down salt or sand?

4. EagleKeeper

EagleKeeper Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Staff Member

Or just in a test mode. Plows are put on well before the storms show up.

They have been needed already this year.

5. KillerCharlie

KillerCharlie Diamond Member

I don't think any of you understand how snowplows work. The less now there is, the more they plow... at least that's how they always worked when I grew up.

6. shortylickens

shortylickens No Lifer

It already snowed in parts of the midwest, even as far as western Virginia. They are getting ready.

Not sure about your area but 3 years ago when we had a really bad winter the state of Virginia was not ready for it. Not enough plows and workers, they didnt know what to do with all the snow. Two years ago they were ready, and it made a HUGE difference. Last year the winter was mild so it didnt matter much.
    This winter is predicted to be bad, based on farmers almanac & meteorology.

7. waggy

waggy No Lifer

we always see plows driving around about this time of year. they make sure they know the roads, the trucks are in good working condition. Also they still use the trucks anyway so putting the plow on them won't hurt.

8. BoomerD

BoomerD Lifer

What is this "snow plow" of which you speak?

It's supposed to be in the mid-70's today...and into the low 80's for the next few days.

9. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

dont complain if your city over plows. its better then madison, where they dont plow anything for days (if it keeps snowing they just wait until it completely stops for at least 48 hours). and we dont use salt (afraid of hurting the lakes). people ask why madison has so many subaru's running around... but once you spend a winter here its more of a question of how everyone doesnt have one.

10. dud

dud Diamond Member

Wish it would snow here. Its going to be hot here today (80).

11. olds

olds Elite Member

I used to have a blast coming up to people outside their cars next to the highway. As I am going towards them I have a 30' rooster tail coming off my plow. As soon as they started running for cover or getting back in their cars I'd slow down to 5 MPH and go by them slowly.

12. Auric

Auric Diamond Member

The snow is just a cover for the plows to collect people for soylent green.

13. Meractik

Meractik Golden Member

14. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel Lifer

That's very plausible, no windows in the office, I was looking at the security camera, perhaps someone messed with the signal. :p

But yeah they're probably just getting ready and testing out. My city has been known to waste resources on plowing and overdo it, and in some case skip out on places that need it more than others. Saw a truck once that was salting, and the plow behind it was pushing it to the side. I could not believe I was actually seeing that, but I was. Hilarious.

15. pontifex

pontifex Lifer

so no one ever tests equipment to make sure it works? Just store it and hope it works next year?

16. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

Well in my awesome town, the snow plows wait to come out until after the snow is packed and will only drive around spreading sand. I dont think I have ever seen one with the plow actually plowing.

17. Leros

Leros Lifer

That little bit of snow melting will make the road wet. When it cools down at night, it will turn the road icy.

18. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

are you talking about the one that hit in february 2010?

if so i remember that shit and i was pissed because i started a new job and like 3 weeks later i HAD to take 4 days of PTO because the metro was closed and i couldn't drive to work.