Question Llano users on win 10

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zepp

May 18, 2019
I have a soft spot for APU's and felt like finding a machine with AMD's first gen, Llano. I found a cheap Toshiba Satellite with an A6-3400M to use as a simple internet'n machine away from home.

Since the integrated GPU is Terascale 2 what is the best option for display drivers? let windows decide? grab whatever legacy driver AMD has on their site? I assume modern Radeon Settings would not be compatible.

I know linux would be a good option performance wise but I have never liked using linux. It is a last option if win10 doesn't agree with the little machine.

Reactions: lightmanek

Zepp

May 18, 2019

Yeroon

Mar 19, 2017
My base overclocked 3850 easily got higher cpu scores than the 5800k and 6790k I played with after. (3870k didn't arrive till later).
Way overvolted from factory. 1.4ish, it ran 100% stable with a -0.2v offset. It was a lot of fun to learn how to OC on. Definitely fried the NB vrms on that itx board after a year though

Reactions: lightmanek

Zepp

May 18, 2019
First real extensive test drive today and I'm really surprised how well this thing runs.

So to be clear, I bought this thing to replace a 2013 era Richland based Asus laptop which was on surf n stream duty. The thing has run hot and loud since the day I got it. I hoped this Llano machine would be at least a solid side grade, and so far it is. I have only heard the fans spin up when in BIOS. Kind of amazed actually. got the extra stick of RAM installed with no issue.