LIVE: Thousands gather in Berlin to protest against Angela Merkel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
And just how, will this one man stop this by himself? How long will it take to elect people who will support his ideas? Or do you mean by executive orders, you know...the thing he claims is wrong to use.
A wall for starters. There are 5.5 million people coming in illegally per year, mostly men. This cannot continue to happen unless you want to be speaking spanish in 20 years. While that's only 1.5% of our population, they are concentrated in the southern states and financially killing the counties/states they inhabit.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
A wall for starters. There are 5.5 million people coming in illegally per year, mostly men. This cannot continue to happen unless you want to be speaking spanish in 20 years. While that's only 1.5% of our population, they are concentrated in the southern states and financially killing the counties/states they inhabit.

Citation needed.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
This reminds me of someone years ago who said if Obama is elected my kids will be forced to attend a Madrassa. I didn't take him seriously either.
Oh please, muslims represent 1% in this country. Their only threat is radicalization, not a majority. Hispanics are already 17% and the fastest growing minority. They already have surpassed blacks and will be at 25% (112/438mil) by 2050 according to Pew research. Without a wall and more "free shit" in the future from Sanders-esque candidates, I wouldn't doubt if most of mexico moved here. Remember, one third of Mexicans want to migrate the U.S.. That's a lot of people who still want to sneak over the border, 41.4mil (122X.34) to be exact.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wonder if the rifle range instructors still call them wetbacks and instruct the troops to shoot them, if they are seen traversing the range property? They told us that when I was in the USMC while going through rifle training. Would they cross the border if we were like some other countries, who shoot on site? Seems it wouldn't take many getting shot before they got the message and quit coming. Yes, that's draconian and I don't advocate it.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I wonder if the rifle range instructors still call them wetbacks and instruct the troops to shoot them, if they are seen traversing the range property? They told us that when I was in the USMC while going through rifle training. Would they cross the border if we were like some other countries, who shoot on site? Seems it wouldn't take many getting shot before they got the message and quit coming. Yes, that's draconian and I don't advocate it.
I once proposed drones on the border to some hispanic friends. They were like, that's fucked up! I was just kidding of course. But maybe with a wall + drones that shoot nonlethal, that could be a good deterrent.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I once proposed drones on the border to some hispanic friends. They were like, that's fucked up! I was just kidding of course. But maybe with a wall + drones that shoot nonlethal, that could be a good deterrent.

Clobber them with bean bag guns and rubber bullets?

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015

It's always a joke when the other party finds it offensive, eh?

Watwatwat

Nov 10, 2014
Vice president of the EU Commission
https://twitter.com/TimmermansEU/status/709388784798932992
"The internet is no legal black hole, no free haven for hate speech. We've stepped up EU talks with Google, Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft."

xUHP7KJ.jpg

Angela Merkel caught on hot mic confronting Mark Zuckerberg over racist Facebook posts
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/30/angela-merkel-caught-on-hot-mic-confronting-mark-z/

So the push for censorship has not ended.

Nov 25, 2013
"The internet is no legal black hole, no free haven for hate speech. We've stepped up EU talks with Google, Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft."

Angela Merkel caught on hot mic confronting Mark Zuckerberg over racist Facebook posts
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/30/angela-merkel-caught-on-hot-mic-confronting-mark-z/

And how are the ethics in gaming journalism in Europe these days?

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009

xUHP7KJ.jpg

Zuckerberg and Trump are like Ferengis. As long as they get paid they don't care who (racists) are doing the paying. Be it by votes or dollars.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
A couple thousand protesters in Berlin is pretty pitiful
Remember hundreds of thousands protesting the US invasion of Iraq?

antiwar-protesters-march-from-the-brandenburg-gate-to-the-victory-picture-id3102945

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
And how are the ethics in gaming journalism in Europe these days?

I am trying to figure out WatWatWat OrooOroo is up to with the alt. Anyone who pays attention here knows who this is but I find it interesting that they feel the need to create an alt account instead of using the same account that they use for their childish 'gamergate' drivel.

I guess it's just another stupid thing that stupid people like to do...

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
A couple thousand protesters in Berlin is pretty pitiful
Remember hundreds of thousands protesting the US invasion of Iraq?

antiwar-protesters-march-from-the-brandenburg-gate-to-the-victory-picture-id3102945

No I don't remember protests against the war. The lamestream media was too busy showing Baghdad getting (in their words): "lit up like a Christmas tree" over and over again.

Was that picture even taken anywhere in the United States?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
No I don't remember protests against the war. The lamestream media was too busy showing Baghdad getting (in their words): "lit up like a Christmas tree" over and over again.

Was that picture even taken anywhere in the United States?
The picture is from Berlin.

People all over the U.S. protested the war before Bush started it. American conservatives have tried, are largely succeeded, in rewriting history with a bullshit narrative that everyone supported the war, that everyone believed the bullshit lies of the liar Bush. Reality was quite different.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
People all over the U.S. protested the war before Bush started it. American conservatives have tried, are largely succeeded, in rewriting history with a bullshit narrative that everyone supported the war, that everyone believed the bullshit lies of the liar Bush. Reality was quite different.

Link please.

"Conservatives" state that all high ranking public officials supported it. And for the most part they did. I think they're quite aware of the fact that there were many citizens against the war.

What "conservatives" find amusing is that most "liberals" were only against foreign invasions when perpetrated by Republicans. Rank and file Democrats seem to have far less of an issue with Obama dropping bombs on Libya. "But it was only bombing, no boots on the ground, so no big deal!"

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
No, read my entire post sparky. A link starting that conservatives believe that everyone supported the war.
Search this very forum. "Bush lied, people died." followed by a bunch of horse shit about how everybody believed Bush's doctored intel. We didn't.