Live in NYC? Have "Jenny's" Phone Number!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bbrontosaurus

Oct 25, 2002
This thread reminds me of that one Family Guy episode (the one where Brian and Stewie travel together to Rhode Island) where Stewie tries to dial the Griffin's home number, but dials 867-5309 instead....and curses "Damm you Tommy TuTone!"

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Originally posted by: bbrontosaurus
This thread reminds me of that one Family Guy episode (the one where Brian and Stewie travel together to Rhode Island) where Stewie tries to dial the Griffin's home number, but dials 867-5309 instead....and curses "Damm you Tommy TuTone!"

your post reminds me of the TheBoyBlunder's post about 12 before yours! :p

anyway, up to 90k

i say it hits $500,000 finally

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
Currently $230,000.

Some stupid mutha fvcker is going to pay a quarter of a million dollars......FOR A PHONE NUMBER?????????

I like the song, but, this sickens me.......

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: freakflag
Currently $230,000.

Some stupid mutha fvcker is going to pay a quarter of a million dollars......FOR A PHONE NUMBER?????????

How much would you pay for the Brooklyn Bridge?

(psssst, I don't think they're actually going to pay him)

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii
Currently $230,000.

How does this work if they don't actually pay out ? What about the "bidding is a legal contract" terms ?

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
http://www.wnbc.com/money/2850925/detail.html

The potential buyers apparently believe they can purchase the number under the Federal Communication Commission's new portability rules.

But Verizon is singing a different tune and tells us -- quote, "a subscriber has no proprietary right in any number that is assigned by the telephone company." That means you don't own it and you can't sell it. And for the bidders, that means hang it up, you could end up paying for something you can't buy.

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
a report on a local radio station said that the number was going for 4,000
but it is actually 85,000 now.
what shoddy reporting

Slickone

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 1999
Invalid Item

The item you requested (3077991790) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: conjur
<--- aims ICBM toward LSUFan's home

/sets up camera with ultra-power zoom lens very far away

Can't be doing that without pics. :D

- M4H
/me pictures conjur with a Redeemer...slowly zooming into LSUFan's home from above, with the zoom making a WHAAWWWOAAAARRR sound...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
Currently $230,000.

How does this work if they don't actually pay out ? What about the "bidding is a legal contract" terms ?
I know it's an invalid item now... but nobody ever answers this question I asked... it's like the 4th time I've asked on ATOT about ebay...

Krugger

Mar 22, 2001
Currently $230,000.

I know it's an invalid item now... but nobody ever answers this question I asked... it's like the 4th time I've asked on ATOT about ebay...
you set up a fake account, then they can't track you down