Little game: Cheapest regular-priced item at Wal*Mart?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Damn Dirty Ape

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 1999
Originally posted by: potato28
Originally posted by: VTHodge
Hey remember when you read the OP and it was about finding the cheapest item in the store and had nothing to do with greeters?

Check out the fabric section. I have seen squares of felt for $0.09.

You got me beat. $0.2 CND for a nut.

Unfortunately our wm sc has loose nuts but they are (oh nevermind) :) All we have is the already-plastic-boxed nuts/bolts, etc.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
If you need to spend 10 cents on Walmart Kool-aid instead of popping the extra dime for actual Kool-Aid, it might be time to get a 2nd job.

What's the difference between Walmart Kool-Aid and non-Walmart Kool-Aid?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: Amused
If you need to spend 10 cents on Walmart Kool-aid instead of popping the extra dime for actual Kool-Aid, it might be time to get a 2nd job.

Why? They're both most likely identical... even made in the same factory.

:thumbsup:

Brand names are for suckers (for a lot of stuff at least)

In this case, it's not even a brand name :)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: newb111
Originally posted by: Jeff7
I live for the thrill of making pathetic children throw tantrums. Judging from your response my work is done for today.
Well done, good sir! On to your next thread, and godspeed!

Originally posted by: Amused
Why? They're both most likely identical... even made in the same factory.
Probably. Remember the whole peanut butter fiasco? It affected Peter Pan brand and Great Value, with the same lot numbers - hmm, I have a distinct feeling that both were made in the same factory.
Maybe it's just the slightly lower-grade stuff that the brand-name company doesn't feel confident enough to put their own corporate logo on.

Keep in mind, just because it's made at the same factory, doesn't mean it's the same recipe. Other than that, you are correct. The great value peanut butter with code 2111 (the code of the Georgia plant that makes ALL peter pan peanut butter) was the one contaminated. However, not all great value peanut butter was affected, because it is not all made at that plant.

How very funny.

So it looks like we've found our Giffen good, at least for your slice of the consumer market. Walmart charging less for the exact same Kool-Aid makes you consume less of it because it makes you suspect whether it's really the exact same Kool-Aid.

I'm gonna call my old Econ professor :)

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Heller

did you just wake up today and decide on being a jackass or is it a daily thing?

I live for the thrill of making pathetic children throw tantrums. Judging from your response my work is done for today.

:D:thumbsup: