LiteOn LDW-411S(4X DVD+R,4X DVD-R,4X DVD+RW,2X DVD-RW,40X CD-R,24X CD-RW) Black OEM $131 Shipped @Newegg

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Welcome,
for a black drive a pretty good deal.
Also check out the new 8x drive from lite-on for 18$ more Here

Tannahill

Nov 4, 2003
The pioneer black 106 is only $129 and has much better ratings from dvdrhelp.com

Oops, it's on backorder but says it should be in stock 12/5

Kwad Guy

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 1999
So far, Lite-On's record with DVD writers is FAR from steller. Given that, and given that there have been a LOT of deals on the excellent dual format 4x NEC 1300a for around $100, how is this possibly a hot deal?

Kwad

iamshady

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2001
Lite-On came out with a new firmware that fixes a lot of the problems people have been having. Although I am an advocate of "geting it right the first time", atleast Lite-on is trying to remedy the problems. I particularly like the 40X CD-R and 24X CD-RW burning capability of the drive, something the NEC1300a lacks. They are both good drives... so to each his/her own.

novon

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have the white version and it's a very nice dependable drive with the latest firmware

po0pman

Apr 13, 2002
loving my 411s ($80AMIR @ bb - blackfriday) so far.... but I only use + media, and don't really plan on burning - media(which is where most complaints are about)

RideFree

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: iamshady
Lite-On came out with a new firmware that fixes a lot of the problems people have been having. Although I am an advocate of "geting it right the first time", atleast Lite-on is trying to remedy the problems. I particularly like the 40X CD-R and 24X CD-RW burning capability of the drive, something the NEC1300a lacks. They are both good drives... so to each his/her own.
Me too!:D:D:D

The 8x will probably be $80 at next year's BF!

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
I got one for FREE at Beast Buy on BF when they forgot to charge me for it!:D

I flashed the firmware up first thing - what was the problem with the old ones. Haven't had a chance to really try it yet - looking for good deals on -R media. (Isn't that more compatible with set-top DVD players?)

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: DefRef

I flashed the firmware up first thing - what was the problem with the old ones. Haven't had a chance to really try it yet - looking for good deals on -R media. (Isn't that more compatible with set-top DVD players?)

lol just wondering was it you forgetting to goto the register lol, or did they simply neglect to run it through with your other items, or did it never show up on ur credit card bill.

hytek369

Lifer
Mar 20, 2002

early x-mas present

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: wetcat007

lol just wondering was it you forgetting to goto the register lol, or did they simply neglect to run it through with your other items, or did it never show up on ur credit card bill.
Here's what I posted on the BB BF thread:

I got to my Beast Buy ay 5:40 a.m. in the dark and cold rain (it was 34F) and the line ran the entire length of the shopping center and around the corner - approx. 200 yards! As a walked past the hundreds of people waiting, I seriously doubted that ANY of the 5 things I was there for would be left, but figured, what the heck?

Doors opened and other than having to wait a couple of minutes for a clerk to wade down the peripherals aisle to find the Lite-ON drive, I found that and DVD X-Copy, the Sandisk CF card, Simpson's DVDs and P.O.D. CDs w/o a hitch and only had to slog thru the 50 minute long line to cash out.

Because the woman ahead of me didn't want to buy the $20 AR DVD player because of the MIR, I had the clerk sell me one of those and left the store after the security guy checked my bag and receipt.

While I was waiting to get out of the lot, I was double-checking that I got all my rebate slips and realized something was wrong. I was tired and not paying attention and suddenly wondered if the clerk had somehow left my burner out. A quick check of the trunk revealed that the burner was there, but it wasn't on the receipt.

THEY FORGOT TO CHARGE ME FOR THE DVD BURNER!!!

FREE BURNER!!!! THERMONUCLEAR HOT DEAL!!!!! YMWV = Your Mileage WILL Vary!!!! So glad I got up for BF!