Listen to what I say, not what I do

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
Originally posted by: magomago
So let us see...if any of you ever claim or bitch at problems in the peace process I'm going to call you out because it is absolutely clear that each of you are part of the FUD that tries to purposely obfuscate the situation.

We simply believe in peace through overwheliming firepower. The Israelis have the ability to take the land, and anyone who opposes them knows that full well, so I don't feel sorry if they're exterminated in a fight they can't win.
So, if I can kick your ass, you wouldn't mind me taking your house?

You're welcome to try. That's how the world works.

So it was ok for the Nazi's to put Jews in concentration camps and exterminate them? Since thats how the world works. Superior firepower vs the weak. Didn't the Jews get a country out of the deal, which displaced the Palestinians who were living there? Now its ok to to kill Palestinians (per your other thread)? I don't understand Jewish logic. Maybe you can explain it to me? Maybe the OP's thread topic was right on par.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Perry404
Any thread that starts out stating that Israel are land mongers is obviously started by an ignorant person.
But that isn't quite what magomago said.
Do us all a favor and look at a map of Israels boarders over the past 40 years next time and save yourself the pain of looking inerudite.
Take a look at some maps detailing Israel's expantion into the West Bank:

http://www.teeth.com.pk/blog/w...el-palestine%20map.jpg

Think your map is a little bias there buddy. If you're going to post crap like that i won't even bother discussing the point. Why not back up one more year and simply state that Jews didn't own any land whatsoever.
Israel didn't even exist in 1946.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
Originally posted by: Auric
As to Israel's so-called claim to the land, well that is akin to a crazy homeless guy taking a fancy to your home and moving in against your wishes. Also, he occasionally beats you up.

And that sounds exactly the way Israel saw it happening for her first 30+ years in the neighborhood.
With the difference being that Israel made those Palestinians homeless by running them out of their homelands, just as Israel continues to do today.

Originally posted by: Atreus21
Fact of the matter is that Palestine isn't helping the situation. They aren't the helpless victims of Israeli hatred that this article makes them out to be.
What are you suggesting the man in the article and the countless Palestinians restricted from building homes on their own property by Israel doing to hurt the situation? How are they anything but helpless against Israelis continuing colonization of what little is left of Palestine?

Payback is hell - this happened in reverse 4 times

the Palestinian is complaining about being made homeless.

Yet the world stood by and did nothing when the Arabs/Palestinians attempted to make the Israelis homeless. They actually rewarded the Arabs for attempting to do so.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
That is what the map I presented shows. What point are you attempting to ellude to? Also, you never clarified how denying the man mentioned in the article the right to build on his own land is revenge either.
Israel has expanded their borders every time they have been attacked.

No attacks, there would be no border expansion under which the Palestinians could complain about. They would be under the authority of Jordan or Egypt.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: brandonb
So let us see...if any of you ever claim or bitch at problems in the peace process I'm going to call you out because it is absolutely clear that each of you are part of the FUD that tries to purposely obfuscate the situation.

We simply believe in peace through overwhelming firepower. The Israelis have the ability to take the land, and anyone who opposes them knows that full well, so I don't feel sorry if they're exterminated in a fight they can't win.

So it was ok for the Nazi's to put Jews in concentration camps and exterminate them? Since thats how the world works. Superior firepower vs the weak. Didn't the Jews get a country out of the deal, which displaced the Palestinians who were living there? Now its ok to to kill Palestinians (per your other thread)? I don't understand Jewish logic. Maybe you can explain it to me? Maybe the OP's thread topic was right on par.
The Palestinians were not displaced until there "brothers" chose to reneged on their word.

Then the Palestinians had to make a choice; live with their new neighbors, side with the local bully or run and hide believing that the local bully would make life better.
Those that chose #2 & 3 are living the result of those decisions.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: brandonb

We simply believe in peace through overwhelming firepower. The Israelis have the ability to take the land, and anyone who opposes them knows that full well, so I don't feel sorry if they're exterminated in a fight they can't win.

The Palestinians were not displaced until there "bothers" chose to reneged on their word.

Then the Palestinians had to make a choice; live with their new neighbors, side with the local bully or run and hide believing that the local bully would make life better.
Those that chose #2 & 3 are living the result of those decisions.

You conveniently forget to mention that those that chose #1 are still suffering like those that chose #2/3.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

We simply believe in peace through overwheliming firepower. The Israelis have the ability to take the land, and anyone who opposes them knows that full well, so I don't feel sorry if they're exterminated in a fight they can't win.

I have no intrest in trying, but I'd have to break the law to do so, beacause that is not how society works.

Any thread that starts out stating that Israel are land mongers is obviously started by an ignorant person.
But that isn't quite what magomago said.
Do us all a favor and look at a map of Israels boarders over the past 40 years next time and save yourself the pain of looking inerudite.
Take a look at some maps detailing Israel's expantion into the West Bank:

http://www.teeth.com.pk/blog/w...el-palestine%20map.jpg

Think your map is a little bias there buddy. If you're going to post crap like that i won't even bother discussing the point. Why not back up one more year and simply state that Jews didn't own any land whatsoever.
Israel didn't even exist in 1946.
The map is based on reality, what bias are you claiming there is in it? The 1946 section shows the land the Jewish/Palestinian land ownership distribution used by the U.N. in determining the Partition Plan. Back up a year and Jews still owned much of that, legally purchased. Rgardlessy point in showing the map is to illustrate the land Israel's expantion into Palestine since the Partion Plan. You can find more recent and better detailed maps here:

http://www.btselem.org/English/Maps/Index.asp

That is what the map I presented shows. What point are you attempting to ellude to? Also, you never clarified how denying the man mentioned in the article the right to build on his own land is revenge either.

No attacks, there would be no border expansion under which the Palestinians could complain about. They would be under the authority of Jordan or Egypt.
You've got your chicken before your egg there. Zionists have been expanding thier hold on Palestine long before anyone attacked them, long before the state of Israel was established. No Zionists attempting to establish and expand a Jewish State in Arab lands, no attacks, and Palestinians would have had their right to an independent state acknowledged long ago, much like Jordan and Egypt did.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

You've got your chicken before your egg there. Zionists have been expanding thier hold on Palestine long before anyone attacked them, long before the state of Israel was established. No Zionists attempting to establish and expand a Jewish State in Arab lands, no attacks, and Palestinians would have had their right to an independent state acknowledged long ago, much like Jordan and Egypt did.

The Arabs nations did not want a Palestinian state to exist at the time Israel was created.
They asked for a territorial type status that they would administer until the Arabs felt that the Palestinians were ready for their own state.

Prior to the creation of Israel, some of the Zionists/Jews were purchasing land from the locals. And I will not deny thatthere werecases wherestronger encouragement may have been used.

OokiiNeko

Jun 14, 2003
Face the facts. We invaded and occupied a sovereign nation and killed a shitload of its people based on the fact that it was ignoring UN resolutions. (certainly wasn`t ties to the guys involved in 9/11)

Israel continues to ignore UN resolutions that finally settle the argument over who gets what land.

Infact, they are terrorizing those Palestinians who refuse to leave the land the UN resolutions say is theirs. AND have killed American peace activists armed with nothing more than a video camera on land designated PALESTINIAN by those same UN resolutions.

So, when do we invade and occupy Israel?

Hell, we invaded Greneda because American rich kids too stupid to get into American medical schools MIGHT, just MIGHT be in danger.

:)

P.S. At a time when Israel was under increasing pressure to follow the UN resolutions and stop building the wall and settlements in land designated Palestinian, those puny little rocket attacks sure came at a good time for Israel. The actual damage to PR ROI was insanely high. Got them right out from under that pressure. Hamas my ass.
The same old dance, and gullibles like CC clap their hands in time to the beat EVERY DAMN TIME!

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
Originally posted by: RichardE

Why does it matter what you said in the past? I always find these little slip ups in peoples demeanor of hiding there true ideals much more revealing.

FYI Rich....

Apathy TOWARDS something (or an event) != Desire FOR something (or an event to occur)

I could care less if McDonald's closed their doors before lunch time today. Doesn't mean that I wish that they did.

I could care less if Cheney died tomorrow. I am not wishing/hoping that he does...merely would be apathetic towards it happening.

Just like you are towards the plight of the Palestinians. I'm sure that you don't wish them harm. However, you are pretty dismissive about how the Israelis' policies/actions affect them.

Very good point and something I didn't consider.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004

Of course mr. terrorist sympathizer. Did you cheer when rockets were launched into Israel? I bet you did, its ok, others did too. I love how you kinda turn the current in fighting in palestine to be Israels fault, sad to see your own people getting sick of your pointless crusade. The faster you guys kill your own trash the better it is for everyone. So sit back and enjoy the ride. Since there is absolutly nothing you can do.

That's just BS what you just did right there. I support israel but what they are doing there is plain BS. fuck that,

Mago great post,

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: cirrrocco

Of course mr. terrorist sympathizer. Did you cheer when rockets were launched into Israel? I bet you did, its ok, others did too. I love how you kinda turn the current in fighting in palestine to be Israels fault, sad to see your own people getting sick of your pointless crusade. The faster you guys kill your own trash the better it is for everyone. So sit back and enjoy the ride. Since there is absolutly nothing you can do.

That's just BS what you just did right there. I support israel but what they are doing there is plain BS. fuck that,

Mago great post,

Real good response. Seriously, it was. I understand exactly what it is you do not agree with. Mag pretty much called out everyone who has ever had an issue with the peace process as part of the problem. Mag would only be happy as long as Palestine gets everything they wish, and more. Funny thing, is Palestine has been offered everything they want, than added more. They are not interested in peace, the people in power need the war to stay in power.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002

Mago great post,

Real good response. Seriously, it was. I understand exactly what it is you do not agree with. Mag pretty much called out everyone who has ever had an issue with the peace process as part of the problem. Mag would only be happy as long as Palestine gets everything they wish, and more. Funny thing, is Palestine has been offered everything they want, than added more. They are not interested in peace, the people in power need the war to stay in power.

I called out those who said "YAY GO ISRAEL" for the isolation of farmers on their own land and trying to get rid of them. It is clear that to condone these type of actions shows that these people are not interested in a real peace process. This isn't guessing as to what they think or feel. "Good I hope they take it all" "Israel for the Israelites" "ISrael should only take all the land" are all very clear statements (And they have not come back in to elaborate if those statements were misunderstood) that to them the peace process is a short term conduit until Israel can kick out all the Palestinians on their land.
If you awnted to be more clear - i see any past present or future potential complaints of the Palestinians as partners in the peace process to be ridiculous because they have already clearly committed themselves to see the total removal of all Palestinians (capital P this time for JS80).
Again I have NEVER said whatever you advocate. I have made it clear that I advocate 1967 clear, contiguous, sovereign borders. That is 22% of the land (although I'm sure someone will come in and say that 22% is somehow much better than the 78% Israel has...if that is the case let us gladly switch!) and I have not advocated more. No form of Palestinian authority has even received an offer of 100% sovereign land on that 22% (and I don't mention Jerusalem. Best case scenario: it is a city shared by two states, worst case that would still be acceptable: east jerusalem because a new capital). From my view it is quite the opposite - there are those in the israeli govt and the country who are not interested in peace. I will agree with you on this phrase: the people in power need war to stay in power..and it holds true with Israel as well.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Mago great post,

I called out those who said "YAY GO ISRAEL" for the isolation of farmers on their own land and trying to get rid of them. It is clear that to condone these type of actions shows that these people are not interested in a real peace process. This isn't guessing as to what they think or feel. "Good I hope they take it all" "Israel for the Israelites" "ISrael should only take all the land" are all very clear statements (And they have not come back in to elaborate if those statements were misunderstood) that to them the peace process is a short term conduit until Israel can kick out all the Palestinians on their land.
If you awnted to be more clear - i see any past present or future potential complaints of the Palestinians as partners in the peace process to be ridiculous because they have already clearly committed themselves to see the total removal of all Palestinians (capital P this time for JS80).
Again I have NEVER said whatever you advocate. I have made it clear that I advocate 1967 clear, contiguous, sovereign borders. That is 22% of the land (although I'm sure someone will come in and say that 22% is somehow much better than the 78% Israel has...if that is the case let us gladly switch!) and I have not advocated more. No form of Palestinian authority has even received an offer of 100% sovereign land on that 22% (and I don't mention Jerusalem. Best case scenario: it is a city shared by two states, worst case that would still be acceptable: east jerusalem because a new capital). From my view it is quite the opposite - there are those in the israeli govt and the country who are not interested in peace. I will agree with you on this phrase: the people in power need war to stay in power..and it holds true with Israel as well.

Well we agree on a few points than, because I as well do agree with giving the people of Palestine the land declared after the 1967 borders. AFTER Palestine has shown this land will not be used to attack Israel with. I fully agree with buffer zones until that is proven. War is not something Israel wants as a whole, and I think for a while we have not wanted war, we just do not want to live in fear of every Arab we see in the market wondering if this Arab will be the one to blow us up. I am sure the people of Palestine are tired of all being painted by the same brush, but what else are we suppose to do? Sadly, we cannot trust the people of Palestine at this moment. That is there own fault (especially considering there past votes).

Peace will come, but Palestine has to fulfill there promises before Israel can fulfill its own part. Especially since Palestine has "never" kept there end as of yet.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Are you not aware of the fact that Israel has built settlements all across that land since 1967, moving nearly half a million Israelis into the West Bank? I agree with buffer zones as well, but that isn't what Israel is doing here. Rather, the are colonizing the land while using methods such as the one discussed in the article at the start of this thread to drive indigenous population out.

Palestinians don't want to live in fear either. But they have no choice but to live in fear of Israel running them out of their homes, gunning them down, or dropping bombs on them from above. Yet, Israelis have been electing leaders who have been overseeing such injustices for decades. What promises can you rightly expect the Palestinians to fulfill under such conditions?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Are you not aware of the fact that Israel has built settlements all across that land since 1967, moving nearly half a million Israelis into the West Bank? I agree with buffer zones as well, but that isn't what Israel is doing here. Rather, the are colonizing the land while using methods such as the one discussed in the article at the start of this thread to drive indigenous population out.

Palestinians don't want to live in fear either. But they have no choice but to live in fear of Israel running them out of their homes, gunning them down, or dropping bombs on them from above. Yet, Israelis have been electing leaders who have been overseeing such injustices for decades. What promises can you rightly expect the Palestinians to fulfill under such conditions?

They are establishing buffer zones between Palestine and inner Israel. Until Palestine keeps its promises of no violence the Palestinians deserve nothing more.

You do not reward people who target civilians with land.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
How can you classify moving Israeli civilians into the West Bank, and all the way out into the Jordan Valley as is the settler mentioned in the article which started this thread, as creating a "buffer zone"? Surely a buffer zone should put distance between Palestinians and Israeli civilians rather than move them closer together?