NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 969 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
Eve of Destruction. Gregory Hines and list of B actors.
3/10. Robot goes batty. Stilted dialog. Even had a scene of a SR-71 with the implication it had room for a few passengers.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Ozark's last half of the final season started out with one of the best episodes possibly ever on the show, and went completely downhill from there and ended with a Game of Thrones feeling of just being super rushed.
Ozark Ending. What a shitty ending, thought I was watching a rerun of the Sopranos.
Read into it what you will but the kids are taking over from Wendy. What they did to Ruth and then they get away? Or do they and go on with Camila? She is the big winner. All seems possible but no wrap up.
oh no!

i'm on season 4 episode 2.
if the series final is that bad, should i even waste time watching this season?

drop it and continue to another series?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Rewatched one of my oldie favorites. Made back in the days of nuclear war hysteria, 1963. if you've never seen this you gotta see it. And here it is in its entirety just for you.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Still watching Enterprise. S02E15. It's still quite watchable. I think it must have broken down around the time of the Xindi arc.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
PSA: if you are still watching Star Trek branded products, but have not watched Star Trek Continues, you should be ashamed of yourself.
I'm constantly ashamed of myself. But it's a living. [shrug] ;)

edit: I've never watched any web series but I'll try to check it out at some point. I just so far behind on everything, the odds aren't good.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
edit: I've never watched any web series but I'll try to check it out at some point.

let me put it this way.

If you loved TOS because it was great, then maybe this isn't for you.

if you loved TOS because it was laughably bad garbage, plastic-bag monsters and the worst acting to ever be put on screen, then you must must must watch Star Trek Continues.

it's more for "they stole Spock's brain" people, and less for Captain Picard people.

• Wow
Reactions: Charmonium

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
oh no!

i'm on season 4 episode 2.
if the series final is that bad, should i even waste time watching this season?

drop it and continue to another series?
I'm on season 2 now. In this season the writers became very aware of a very big plot hole from season 1. The Snell's have a opium farm with the end goal of making millions so they can buy up all the land around them and pass it on to future generations. Except that they didn't have any children or younger relatives of mention in season 1. The writers are trying to patch that mistake by having them adopt a child. So silly.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
No one likes the Godfather? The greatest mafia film ever!
Movie sucks. It's boring as shit. I'm sure at the time it was amazing but I watched it for the first time like a decade ago and was bored to death. I watch movies for nothing more than to be entertained, and it was not entertaining in the least.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Movie sucks. It's boring as shit. I'm sure at the time it was amazing but I watched it for the first time like a decade ago and was bored to death. I watch movies for nothing more than to be entertained, and it was not entertaining in the least.
The movie is awesome! "My name is Vito Corleone. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Movie sucks. It's boring as shit.
No PB, it's not boring - it's subtle.

this ain't your typical american mafia film, where the "heroes" are essentially nice, charming guys who want to avoid violence, but are forced into it by the life they were born in.
This is about criminals who are one step away from being discovered for the piece of shit they are. These are crude, crass, thuggish, uneducated farmers, they are animals, who try to give themselves a semblance of respect.

Mario Puzo was very much in touch with his italian roots. To an american, the characters in The Godfather behave as, well, italo-americans. To an italian, they absolutely do not behave like italians, but rather like a very specific social group which are *not* considered normal.

Reactions: Captante

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Re: The Godfather et al. Mom was gen one Italian immigrant and I was raised with all of my Italian aunts and uncles and second cousins. And while none of my family fit the stereotypes, all of the cultural references were, at least based on my experience, pretty solid. Sunday family dinners after Mass, weddings and even cultural biases.

Reactions: Captante

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
You know, I'm not completely sure. It really is largely autonomic. And you know, people pay more attention to your body language that what you actually say. So to the extent I do, I wouldn't want to dial that back too much

All you need is the "what's the matter with you." You know, form a cone with your fingers and move your hand up and down by flexing the elbow.

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay and Charmonium

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
THE CONE means "what the fuck are you doing"

anyway,
i dont know if it counts, but .. ok this is weird.
I've been playing High On Life, a game i casually decided to try, only to discover that it's been made by the Rick & Morty people, and i loooove Rick & Morty.
So, after you do the tutorial and the very first mission, you see a poster in your house of Tammy and the T-Rex. Your house is your main hub, in the game. And, at one point, this film then starts playing on the TV in your living room .. and it's a real movie. Yes, it's a movie that exists IRL, starring none other than Denise "Starship Boobies" Richards.
Now, despite what Wikipedia may say, it's not the whole film, it's only about half hour, so no rating from me. Mostly because there's a scene at the end of the film where Richards does a strip-tease, and that would account for at least half of the vote.

High On Life is funny tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.