NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 966 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2020
The Wonder (2022) : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9288822/

Weirdly, the movie starts with a Hollywood set. It has kept my attention halfway through. Florence Pugh must be enjoying her stardom. Good actress. Couldn't finish due to being sleep deprived. But something tells me that I will enjoy the rest of it too. The Irish scenery, despite being dull due to the weather, still looked great.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special @ Disney+ (42 minutes) 7/10 - Entertaining and fun, ends MCU Phase 4.

Actor Kevin Bacon is abducted by Drax and Mantis as a Christmas present for Peter Quill.

View attachment 71744
View attachment 71746

better than the star wars Holiday Special.
i thought it was more corny that cute.
Young adult Groot reminds me of a transformer but i forgot name.. BumbleBee?.
6/10

Marvel movies are losing it's luster.
Dont understand the overall arc of Phase IV.
and i definitely dont understand the overall arc of phase V.

also, Gamora is still dead?
What happened to the Gamora from another dimension in Infinity War?

Last edited:
Reactions: igor_kavinski

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Bullet Train (2022) - 7/10. Action Comedy. Worth watching IMO.

View attachment 71935
watched it on plane. no sound, just subs.
didnt finished 15min. we landed :(

8.5/10

despite clichés, preposterous plot and plot holes, i enjoyed it.
laughed hard when the snake finally popped into action. i thought it was actually funny.
that was worth +0.5 to the score.

plot holes:
- why did the mexican assassin attack pitt on sight? the pics he had were of another person
- you pop an emergency door, it goes flying off the train, and the train doesnt auto-stop? noone checks on it? the train goes from station to station like nothing happened?
- pitt and an assassin fight in the snack pantry. the snack attendant comes in with her cart and acts like nothing happened even though pantry is somewhat messed up?

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Bad Boys For Life (2020)

I was a teen when I watched the first movie and enjoyed it enough to get on DVD. Admittedly I don't watch it much these days. I saw the second one at the cinema with a friend and while it was enjoyable as far as action flicks go, not enjoyable enough to own IMO and I haven't watched it since. This film had some funny bits in, the overall plot was OK, but I think it's part of a trend of decline in quality with the trilogy.

Michael Bay didn't direct this one, but that doesn't seem to make much difference to the overall result :)

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Bad Boys For Life (2020)

I was a teen when I watched the first movie and enjoyed it enough to get on DVD. Admittedly I don't watch it much these days. I saw the second one at the cinema with a friend and while it was enjoyable as far as action flicks go, not enjoyable enough to own IMO and I haven't watched it since. This film had some funny bits in, the overall plot was OK, but I think it's part of a trend of decline in quality with the trilogy.

Michael Bay didn't direct this one, but that doesn't seem to make much difference to the overall result :)
I've seen the first one once or twice but I really like the second one (haven't seen the third, guess I should). Have it on DVD though haven't watched it in years. LMAO the part with Martin Lawrence and those rats in that drug guy's house is hilarious. Lawrence definitely makes the movie.

The last best one I've seen was on Amazon Prime, Thirteen Lives, about that youth soccer team caught in that cave in Thailand some years back. Really great movie. 9/10

Jul 27, 2020
White Lotus S1 - Almost impossible not to fall in love with Alexandra Daddario. Her unreal eyes kinda give her an extraterrestrial look. That teenage "bitch" is also quite good. Very touching scene where she hugs her friend.

S2 - Looks like they got a much higher budget this time. But it's less comedy and more rich people problems.

Jennifer Coolidge gets laughs from me in both seasons. I'm surprised that I haven't seen her in more comedies.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
White Lotus S1 - Almost impossible not to fall in love with Alexandra Daddario. Her unreal eyes kinda give her an extraterrestrial look. That teenage "bitch" is also quite good. Very touching scene where she hugs her friend.

S2 - Looks like they got a much higher budget this time. But it's less comedy and more rich people problems.

Jennifer Coolidge gets laughs from me in both seasons. I'm surprised that I haven't seen her in more comedies.
Enjoyed season 1 and season 2 is very engaging. Just finished episode 6, let's see if the finale can live up to this season. It's going to be tough.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I've seen the first one once or twice but I really like the second one (haven't seen the third, guess I should). Have it on DVD though haven't watched it in years. LMAO the part with Martin Lawrence and those rats in that drug guy's house is hilarious. Lawrence definitely makes the movie.

The last best one I've seen was on Amazon Prime, Thirteen Lives, about that youth soccer team caught in that cave in Thailand some years back. Really great movie. 9/10
13 Lives was fantastic.

And to think that in the movie they had to make the water clear to get underwater shots, but in reality, there was ZERO visibility in that water.

Just nuts to think they pulled all of that off. Unreal. True heroes.

Reactions: clamum

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Bad Times At the El Royale (2018)

Engaging plot, decent line-up. I thought Chris Hemsworth's character was lacking something, but otherwise I enjoyed the film and would class it as more than a flick.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Pirates of the Caribbean - Black Pearl
Good movie, skeletons most excellent, sword play too long. 8/10

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
do you guys remember the breakout film for keira knightley?
EDIT: IT DOESNT WORK if you google it. i asked you numbskulls if you remember.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Status
Not open for further replies.