NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 940 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Tried watching the first Lord of the Rings, I didn't care for it to be honest.

4/10 stars!

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Tried watching the first Lord of the Rings, I didn't care for it to be honest.

4/10 stars!
uh .. the new, famously praised by everyone, Peter Jackson's LOTR? The film phenomenon of the last 20 years?

i consider myself a detractor, and even i would give it 7/10.

or maybe you meant the 1978 Bakshi version.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
uh .. the new, famously praised by everyone, Peter Jackson's LOTR? The film phenomenon of the last 20 years?

i consider myself a detractor, and even i would give it 7/10.

or maybe you meant the 1978 Bakshi version.

NO, the Peter Jackson LOTR. Maybe I was a bit harsh. And yea, I understand that its a classic and a movie that is loved by most ATOTers.

Maybe I should finish the movie. The LOTR series is currently free on Prime.

Jul 27, 2020
Maybe I was a bit harsh.
Maybe medieval type movies aren't your thing? I'm not a fan of such movies too (they can seem a bit depressing) but I watched LOTR with great interest coz the acting was good, visual effects were great for the time and the story of the ring is pretty compelling. How it corrupts anyone who comes in contact with it. And watch it with a good sound system.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Pretty decent action flick.

Tagline: Don't mess with the US President, especially if he's Harrison Ford :p
Re: Air Force One

My local library doesn't have it. I take that to signify it's less than obligatory. ;) My first programming job a lady approached me one day and told me I very much reminded her of Harrison Ford!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Re: Air Force One

My local library doesn't have it. I take that to signify it's less than obligatory. ;) My first programming job a lady approached me one day and told me I very much reminded her of Harrison Ford!

so, you keep ignoring signals and park anywhere you feel like it?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That's woman speak for "I find you attractive". Did things go anywhere with her?
No, I never spoke to her again. We didn't work together, we just passed each other going to and fro in the hallways. It's remarkable that she just out and declared that one day in the hallway. TBH, I barely had an idea who HF was at the time, I wasn't seeing a lot of movies.

Jul 27, 2020
I liked Harrison Ford's Witness (1985), mainly coz it served as my first introduction to Amish culture/community. Really worth watching and be amazed that a community still lives the way they did hundreds of years ago. It's inspiring. I'm not saying that they are perfect but I think this is one of the best examples of a tight-knit community ever.

Another recommended movie starring Jesse Eisenberg is The Hummingbird Project. There's Amish in there again but they are not the main focus.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Jul 27, 2020
It's remarkable that she just out and declared that one day in the hallway.
From my experience, their hormones compel them to do bold things like that because of possibility to conceive a very healthy child :) And no, I don't have a child out there :D Because if I started doing that, I would be in jail for hundreds of counts of illicit impregnation (even already married women!).

• Haha
Reactions: Captante and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
From my experience, their hormones compel them to do bold things like that because of possibility to conceive a very healthy child :) And no, I don't have a child out there :D Because if I started doing that, I would be in jail for hundreds of counts of illicit impregnation (even already married women!).
Sexual politics is can be a very complicated spectrum.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Status
Not open for further replies.