NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 929 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
The Witcher seasons 1&2 - 8/10

I liked this so much that I might play the game now. When is season 3?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
quick one
The Coca Cola Kid - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088931/reference/

An American arrives in Australia and he's amazing at everything because he's american. The moment he walks in the office, Greta Scacchi - plenty of nudity from her - wants to bonk him.
He gets into a pissing fight with an old timer who also sells soda, and because they are both hard-headed idiots, they get into a fight but eventually the power of vagina solves every problem.

Decent little 80s film with a decent, if not terribly adventurous plot, decent performances by everyone, a good bit of young and firm tits from the co-star, i really just watched it because i saw it a million years ago and wanted to exorcise its ghost.

Wouldn't really recommend; better to watch, idk, Crocodile Dundee or Priscilla. 6/10

Last edited:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
quick one
Penguins Of Madagascar - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1911658/reference/

nice, predictable family-friendly animation w/ some occasional jokes for the adults, not great by any stretch, but with some nice memes. You are a valuable member of this team!
Would recommend, it's well paced, the jokes are fairly fresh, characters are outside of the ordinary, but the story isn't anything worth writing home about, the antagonists suck, it's all about these imaginary MASH-like characters goofing around.

6.5/10 - you might even like it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
A while back Rolling Stone listed their order of quality in the cast of SNL, all 145 members at that time.

Before that, they made a list of the best sketches as of 2014.

My beef is Christopher Walkens "The Continental" is better than many of these and should have been on the list somewhere. But thats life.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
A while back Rolling Stone listed their order of quality in the cast of SNL, all 145 members at that time.

Before that, they made a list of the best sketches as of 2014.

My beef is Christopher Walkens "The Continental" is better than many of these and should have been on the list somewhere. But thats life.
They better have John Belushi at N1, i tell you, they better.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Stranger Things: Season 4 - 7/10

I was a little surprised there were only two episodes after the mid-season break, and even more surprised at the ending because our oldest son had told us this was the last season they were doing. So my wife and I were both like "That's how they're going to end the series?". :oops:

So after finding out he was wrong about that, the movie-length final episode was much viewed in a more favorable way.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I just rewatched Menance to Society. 9/10

I always liked Menace over Boys n the Hood. Both are classics. Menance was gritter. Just so much violence that at the time (1993) was crazy.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
The Umbrella Academy Season 3, eps 1-9 8.5/10
eps 10 6/10

eps 1-9 were good.
but i didnt like the direction they took with Allison.
she went from sweetheart in Seasons 1+2 to cold hearted vengeance.
i didnt buy it. the show runners didnt sell it well to me.

now eps 10 was a train wreck off it's wheels.
wtf killer S?
How did Reggie (the old man) know all this info about the other dimension?
Why even summon the S??? it didnt seem necessary to accomplish what they needed to do.

What happened to 'Dont save the universe' warning?
Without much thought he steps in the circle.

and there was no need to try to drain/kill the heroes completely to accomplish what Reggie wanted, which was the Button.

so that scene was just manufactured forced drama by the show runners.
re-Imagine the scene with Reggie voluntarily stopping the draining when the button appeared.
or the machine automatically stopped the draining when the button appeared.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020
Dude, show is a week old, spoiler tag.
By the time most of us get around to watching that (IF we get around to it), we will have forgotten these details. Boohoo for people who watch very little content as opposed to people like us who need multiple lives to watch everything on our wishlists.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
By the time most of us get around to watching that (IF we get around to it), we will have forgotten these details. Boohoo for people who watch very little content as opposed to people like us who need multiple lives to watch everything on our wishlists.

You heard it here first folks, igor just admitted he has memory of a goldfish.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
this is Seth's own doing.
It seems so uncharacteristic of him. Dialogue is wooden. Almost no comedy. Why the hell is he trying to compete with Star Trek? Why not just be a LOL spoof and be happy with that, like the first two seasons were?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
It seems so uncharacteristic of him. Dialogue is wooden. Almost no comedy. Why the hell is he trying to compete with Star Trek? Why not just be a LOL spoof and be happy with that, like the first two seasons were?
you got rose tinted glasses on.
There was SOME of what you mean in the previous 2 seasons, with the peak being this:
but even then it wasn't an all-out spoof; it's just that, the serious stuff was so mediocre, your brain filtered it out.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Status
Not open for further replies.