NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 830 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Where's it called 'Crucible of Life'? I had to google and wondered if I had somehow missed a TR movie :) I'd put both in the mindless movie category, Cradle of Life is less cringeworthy than the first.
My bad. Cradle of Life it was.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I just finished watching Aniara on Hulu. It's a Swedish SciFi film about a cruise liner going to Mars that gets knocked off-course to oblivion. It's one of the most depressing movies I've seen this year, but it was unique!

I'd give it a 6/10.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Where are you guys finding Boss Level to watch? i can’t find it anywhere streaming,
Trump: Look, you ask where we can find Boss Level, and i say we're finding Boss Level, it's all over the internet, very easy to find, everyone says they can find it, and it's a beautiful film folks, i tell you, the kind of wonderful film that everyone wants to watch and they do, they find it on the internet and they say "oh what a wonderful film".

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

RearAdmiral

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2004
I just finished watching Aniara on Hulu. It's a Swedish SciFi film about a cruise liner going to Mars that gets knocked off-course to oblivion. It's one of the most depressing movies I've seen this year, but it was unique!

I'd give it a 6/10.
This movie was definitely depressing! Pretty weird watch but I liked it.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I've been watching these dino episodes on YouTUbe. They just came out recently. The animation is very good.

Jurassic Fight Club: Raptor vs. T-Rex

Jurassic Fight Club: The BLOODIEST Battle in Jurassic History

Jurassic Fight Club: SEA MONSTER SHARKS

Jurassic Fight Club: Space Attack Sets the Earth Ablaze

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Pretty Baby (1978)

images

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
is that still out? i figured it would be banned pretty much everywhere by now.

decent film btw, but nothing revolutionary.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I've been watching these dino episodes on YouTUbe. They just came out recently. The animation is very good.

Jurassic Fight Club: Raptor vs. T-Rex

Jurassic Fight Club: The BLOODIEST Battle in Jurassic History

Jurassic Fight Club: SEA MONSTER SHARKS

Jurassic Fight Club: Space Attack Sets the Earth Ablaze

This reminds me: I waited 40 minutes (!) to pick up a sandwiche and a wrap yesterday and while I waited one of the employees started some trainwreck of a movie on their big screen. "Jurassic Thunder"

Oh. My. God.

It has everything from the VHS made-for-video cheesy action flick era but amped up with modern HD/digital filmmaking techniques of today... in the hands of a total amateur. I mean, we have fake muzzle flashing while the soldiers are still moving around and aiming, people walking in place while they pretend to be on an airfield (just some CG fighter jets out in the DIRT), and gratuitous drone shots that try to fake cinmetography while hiding storefronts and such. Oh yeah: CG dinos too.

I gotta look that thing up. It'll be what RedLetterMedia is watching in another 15 years!

Edit: https://youtu.be/Nt2X-3pDyDQ

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I watched Planes, Trains & Automobiles - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093748/

films where John Candy takes the lead also watch: Who's Harry Crumb?

Uncle Buck is seriously funny too. :)

One of my favorite "Candy" movies is the semi-serious "Only the Lonely" which did poorly in theaters. (8/10 stars)

Only the Lonely (1991)

Was bored last night so I watched the Denzel Washington remake of
The taking of Pelham 123 (2009)

Not close to as good as the original IMO but I somewhat unexpectedly still enjoyed it. (mainly due to Denzel)

6/10 Stars

Last edited:

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
We watched fatman last night. It was okay. I expected more laughs and violence though.

5/10

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Believe it or not I watched for the first time OLIVER TWIST 1948. I’ve never read the book and really didn’t know much about the story of Oliver Twist only very generally speaking. It was on TCM. I absolutely loved it and especially the photography. The opening shot out in the storm was amazing. Right up my alley when it comes to thunderstorms and spooky trees. I don’t know why I avoided the movie and the book all these years, probably just felt it was not my cup of tea, but now it will become one of my favorite.

MED698

Dec 10, 2020
The last movie I watched was Interstellar (for Nolan fans: Yes, I'm late !). I didn't understand all technical subtleties of the movie, but I had a good time ... I will watch Tenet next time.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i liked Tenet's story far more than Interstellar. As for the visuals, Interstellar is better - i loved the various weird planets, the water planet is amazing. And yet Interstellar has some really idiotic things, like Anne Hathaway best-available-pilot in the world ignores orders, and in general the whole tesseract section is made up bullshit (tbh *most* of the film is made up bullshit, despite what our beloved Black Man Astrophysicist friend NdGT says), but the whole introduction ..

.. you know what, let's just say i didnt like interstellar. I like occasionally watching a few scenes on youtube, but i wouldn't sit through the whole film.

Status
Not open for further replies.