NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 708 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Filming for the season second of The Punisher begun on March 10, 2018, in The Bellmores, New York. Filming occurred in Albany, New York in mid-July 2018 with production on the season wrapping in August 2018. By now they are probably already done with post production and just awaiting a release date.

EDIT: I did a quick search for Jessica Jones since I didn't know if it had already wrapped filming or not and the best information I could find was that as of the end of October they were in full filming production, so it might be wrapped and in post by now as well.

Either way both of those shows are far enough along that Netflix would take a bath on them if they canceled them now.

Ah weird. In one of those articles posted in the other thread (the Marvel Netflix specific one) about the DD cancellation, it said that Punisher hadn't even begun production. I didn't worry about that being an old article, because it was talking about something happening that day. I guess I just trusted them. :D

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Piano no Mori 7/10 I enjoyed season one. waiting for season two to show up on netflix

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Watched The Body Guard on Netflix - 7.5/10.

Story was cool, acting was great all around, just wished the season was longer. Kinda felt like they rushed it to finish off the season with the last 2 episodes. Was good overall though.

The Kominsky Method- 7/10
Was pretty good. Usually like Michael Douglas stuff and Alan Arkin is usually pretty funny to me. Content was so-so but entertaining. And only 30 minute episodes.

The Last Kingdom - 8/10

Finished off season 3. I really liked this series and hoping there will be more to come. Acting is pretty good overall, and vikings so that's cool.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Watched The Body Guard on Netflix - 7.5/10.

Story was cool, acting was great all around, just wished the season was longer. Kinda felt like they rushed it to finish off the season with the last 2 episodes. Was good overall though.

The Kominsky Method- 7/10
Was pretty good. Usually like Michael Douglas stuff and Alan Arkin is usually pretty funny to me. Content was so-so but entertaining. And only 30 minute episodes.

The Last Kingdom - 8/10

Finished off season 3. I really liked this series and hoping there will be more to come. Acting is pretty good overall, and vikings so that's cool.

Pretty sure Last Kingdom is done with, because everything pretty much wrapped up in that final episode. Not sure what else to do with this story--at least the very last bit was essentially written as it would be the end.

I like this series, but it takes a little while. It feels like a cheap production early on, but it does get better. My main problem is the lead actor--that guy is just terrible. I don't know who he is, but that accent he forces is just awful. His acting is terrible (I hope it's a fake accent...because holy hell if not). Otherwise, I like most of the other casting. Alfred is great. I think that overall it's a solid show, and a decent companion to Vikings, because it details the era that begins right after that storyline, though I think the Utrid character is a complete fabrication for the show.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Pretty sure Last Kingdom is done with, because everything pretty much wrapped up in that final episode. Not sure what else to do with this story--at least the very last bit was essentially written as it would be the end.

I like this series, but it takes a little while. It feels like a cheap production early on, but it does get better. My main problem is the lead actor--that guy is just terrible. I don't know who he is, but that accent he forces is just awful. His acting is terrible (I hope it's a fake accent...because holy hell if not). Otherwise, I like most of the other casting. Alfred is great. I think that overall it's a solid show, and a decent companion to Vikings, because it details the era that begins right after that storyline, though I think the Utrid character is a complete fabrication for the show.

I totally agree with the lead actor. He's probably the worst one IMO and his accent does appear to be forced. The guy who plays Alfred does a fantastic job, and Father Bianca(?) is great as well. Great series, and I should probably pick up on Vikings.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Ready Player 1, HBO, 8/10

Maybe I was just in the mood but I really enjoyed it. Better than "Avatar" IMHO.

So full of content, this one really needs to be seen on a big screen several times. If you were a gamer especially, you will recognize a lot and a lot from old scifi, horror, monster movies also. Not a bad sound track either.

I spent some time in that room with the lava floor surrounded by columns.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Home Alone 1 and 2- 10/10 - just 2 of my all time favorite Xmas movies and they still live up to this day. It's funny how much I still laugh out loud at them (more so part 1) after seeing them so many times and after all these years. Seeing Trump in part 2 is funny now too. He has that stupid dumb look on his face in the movie just like he does now.

Reactions: clamum

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
The North Star, Netflix, 1/10 (The 1 just for seeing a young, Burt Young)

Positively the worse movie I have seen in years. Terrible acting even from James Caan and he was the best actor in the film except for the wolf.
Christopher Lambert at his worse and thats going some even for him.
Avoid at all costs.

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
Bohemian Rhapsody 7/10

Finally get around to watch the movie, as a long time(but not crazy) fan of the band this give me new insight into their life. I was under the impression Freddie was more of a shy and quiet person behind the stage but in the movie was more a cocky and party animal. The wives are more involve than I imagine. John was not as "outsider" as I thought. Learnt a lot on Mary and cats. The truth on Freddie live aid performance.

As for the movie, no knock to Rami he did a great job but when the other member looked and acted like clone it can't help but get distracted by Rami's physical appearance. Movie name Bohemian Rhapsody but we don't even get a full epic performance of the song. I wish they put more time on others, we get a full on naked version of Freddie which a lot of the things we already knew but what about are the other guys(a astrophysicist, a dentist and a EE)? Hack we know more about Mary or his father or his cats than the other guys, and not a single word on the 5th member the "red special". Roger was epic as a backup vocal there wasn't any mention on that front.

Like the movie but hoping for more.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Yeah, I am stoked for this. Is it Netflix only in the states? I actually want to see this in the theater, but I can't find it listed as upcoming anywhere near me.

Marvelous Mrs Maisel, season 2: 10/10 Amazon original.

Just as good as the previous season, which is quite a remarkable feat. If you haven't watched this show yet, you need to take the time to watch the best scripted television series in years. It's an outright remarkable achievement in writing, casting, production. Everything. It is completely flawless.

Reactions: DigDog

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
"Freddie cohen disaster" https://www.google.com/search?q=freddie+cohen+disaster

Just further reinforces what POS people Brian May & company are.
Great music tho.

TLDR Queen want a self-aggrandizing film that diminishes the importance of Mercury. Sacha Baron Cohen calls them out on the BS, they sack him. Story gets out, Queen talk shit about him.

I saw the trailer for Stan & Ollie (coming december 28)

As a child i was a massive fan, and the prosthetic work here is impressive, it looks like they brought them back to life. Coogan is a really good actor, i cant say much for the other fellow but apparently he was their N1 pick for the part, so, fingers crossed.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Saw "The MEG" yesterday. 1/10. Definitely one of the most ridiculous, stupid movies I have ever seen. They could have done so much more with the basic premise the movie is based on, but instead they made a movie which can only be liked by certain brain-dead teens who know absolutely nothing about biology, anthropology, basic laws of physics or any sense of what a good plot is or can be.

"The MEG" is an EPIC fail, a complete flop.. Director should go curl up in some dark corner in shame and just stay there in a fetal position.

I'd rather watch "Jaws" a hundred times over than watch this crap even one more time.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Saw "The MEG" yesterday. 1/10. Definitely one of the most ridiculous, stupid movies I have ever seen. They could have done so much more with the basic premise the movie is based on, but instead they made a movie which can only be liked by certain brain-dead teens who know absolutely nothing about biology, anthropology, basic laws of physics or any sense of what a good plot is or can be.

"The MEG" is an EPIC fail, a complete flop.. Director should go curl up in some dark corner in shame and just stay there in a fetal position.

I'd rather watch "Jaws" a hundred times over than watch this crap even one more time.
https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...-and-give-a-10.2178406/page-705#post-39653116

I agree. It was so bad.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Narcos Mexico 9/10 Great entertaining stuff again.i might watch the first three seasons again.

A doc on Mauritania where fat is beautiful.Some women eating up to 10000 calories a day,and some being force fed.Yikes.:S

Last edited:

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Nightflyers Syfy Channel 5/10

Started out well and went downhill from there every episode. Last 2 were especially bad. Strange cast that acted like it was a new experience for them. Gretchen Mol was eye candy though.
Very disappointing.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Mr mercedes 7/10 season 1/2.Forgot about this.It was ok. Brendan Gleeson,good actor."fook me up the arse" haha

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ready Player 1, HBO, 8/10

Maybe I was just in the mood but I really enjoyed it. Better than "Avatar" IMHO.

So full of content, this one really needs to be seen on a big screen several times. If you were a gamer especially, you will recognize a lot and a lot from old scifi, horror, monster movies also. Not a bad sound track either.

I spent some time in that room with the lava floor surrounded by columns.

Agreed, i just watched it and 8/10 is what i would go with as well. I didnt expect much though so went into it with zero expectations.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Nightflyers Syfy Channel 5/10

Started out well and went downhill from there every episode. Last 2 were especially bad. Strange cast that acted like it was a new experience for them. Gretchen Mol was eye candy though.
Very disappointing.
I guess that's based off a book by George R.R. Martin, and I think he did writing for the show, and despite me completely loving the Song of Ice and Fire books/show, I have no interest in this series. I like sci-fi, too, but it just didn't appeal to me at all. Sucks cause GRRM is the mayne.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Speaking of sci-fi did anyone watch Origin? The constant boring uninteresting flashbacks ruined it for me.Stopped watching at ep3/4 maybe 2 cant remember.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Narcos Mexico 9/10 Great entertaining stuff again.i might watch the first three seasons again.

A doc on Mauritania where fat is beautiful.Some women eating up to 10000 calories a day,and some being force fed.Yikes.:S

wth? like with funnels and heavy grains like they do with geese to make foie gras? Do they strap the fat women down or put them in goose-feeding boxes?

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
wth? like with funnels and heavy grains like they do with geese to make foie gras? Do they strap the fat women down or put them in goose-feeding boxes?

Its creepy as fuck,its mothers force feeding daughters,sweetened goats milk cous cous,etc.bad shit:(.weird as fook.bad.The women want this as they think fat is beautiful.scary.Young girls too:(

Status
Not open for further replies.