NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 601 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
AHAH! I finally figured out what was bugging me about the last Netflix movie I watched. Behold, Spectral starring Bobby Flay! :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Hacksaw Ridge 4/10

While the bullets, bleeding, and heads exploding were realistic the sequences and acting was laughable. Looks like they spent 90% of the budget on gore. Just endless battle scenes and lots of over the top acting.

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
AHAH! I finally figured out what was bugging me about the last Netflix movie I watched. Behold, Spectral starring Bobby Flay! :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry man, but unless Bobby Flay grew a beard I don't know about... I don't see it

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Hacksaw Ridge 4/10

While the bullets, bleeding, and heads exploding were realistic the sequences and acting was laughable. Looks like they spent 90% of the budget on gore. Just endless battle scenes and lots of over the top acting.
There wasn't even any battle scene until the second half of the movie. I'm not sure how you can claim the movie is "just endless battle scenes".

Reactions: clamum

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
lol

Just for clarification, I meant the guy in the middle of this shot is the one who looks like Bobby Flay:

spectral-netflix-review.jpg

I know, I just didn't see it... and joked about it being the bearded guy because it's more entertaining

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
okay enuff with bobby flay ffs. Did I mention I saw The Mummy? definitely not a reboot of the Brandon Frasier flick of the same name. I don't even know waht to say about this movie.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
okay enuff with bobby flay ffs. Did I mention I saw The Mummy? definitely not a reboot of the Brandon Frasier flick of the same name. I don't even know waht to say about this movie.

If you don't know what to say then why did you derail our entertaining side-bar of Bobby Flay sightings? It's shit like this that'll never get you in with the cool kids... all the cool kids are talking about Bobby Flay

ALL of them Mayne

Reactions: Thebobo

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Ozark - 7.6/10

This is a Netflix original series. I'm three episodes through the ten episode season. Very good so far.

Straight-laced investment advisor living in Chicago gets mixed up with a Mexican drug cartel and is forced to move himself and his family, plus $8M in cash to Lake of the Ozarks. Where he has to deal with the Mexicans and a whole cast of colorful locals and rednecks. Mostly heavy, but with a bit of humor injected. I'll probably binge the remainder tonight and tomorrow and update my rating.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
My brother recommended Ozark. I may start it tonight since there isn't really much on TV other than shark week.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
I'm curious to hear what you think of the rest. I only watched the first episode and I'm undecided so far

I've also been catching up on the latest season of Archer, and does anyone else find that the humor has been basically gone since a season or two ago? I laugh very rarely anymore. It's like they are trying to coast on the attitude of the characters and lame punchlines without writing funny material. Same thing with Bob's Burgers, in my opinion. Anyone agree or disagree

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm curious to hear what you think of the rest. I only watched the first episode and I'm undecided so far

I've also been catching up on the latest season of Archer, and does anyone else find that the humor has been basically gone since a season or two ago? I laugh very rarely anymore. It's like they are trying to coast on the attitude of the characters and lame punchlines without writing funny material. Same thing with Bob's Burgers, in my opinion. Anyone agree or disagree
Archer has its moments, but I didn't watch past season 2

I could watch bobs burgers repeatedly. Hilarious. I was a tad miffed it was pulled from netflix.

Reactions: slayer202
Status
Not open for further replies.